I have always wanted to visit Tasmania and this cruise was advertised at a reasonable rate in the Sunday Mail. As this is the final voyage from Australia of the Astor I was not expecting much. We were surprised pleasantly by the cabin size and ample storage. The water pressure and hot water availability was faultless. The waste system operated faultlessly unlike other cruises we have completed. The food was incredible. The bar staff were knowledgeable and hospitable. A special mention for the entertainment staff and in particular the extremely hard working dancers. The shows kept getting better. The Captain was a true gentleman and exceptional host. Housekeeping and general cleanliness was to a very high standard. The spa was a pleasure to visit. The sauna and co located internal swimming pool were immaculately clean and attended by staff. I wasn’t expecting much from an aged ship on a relatively minor shipping line but I was constantly surprised and delighted from start to finish. Thank you CMV.

Wonderful staff. Exceeded expectations

Astor Cruise Review by davidshepherd2203

The food was incredible.

The bar staff were knowledgeable and hospitable.

The Captain was a true gentleman and exceptional host.

Housekeeping and general cleanliness was to a very high standard.

Thank you CMV.
davidshepherd2203’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Astor price drops

Big enough with lots of storage