3. Norwegian Jade
This was a surprise trip for my husband and was a Christmas Gift. Our 15th wedding anniversary trip and VERY first cruise and trip without our child. Was supposed to be a romantic / rekindling vacation. Turned out to be a complete nightmare and worst trip we have ever been on. Really really long story short, our flight ended up getting canceled and neither parties were able to rebook us a flight to get to Miami before ship left. Flight got cancelled at 5am but still no one could accommodate us in time to get to Miami. Ridiculous! I called NCL 3 different times to ask what our options were. Option 1, cancel the cruise and only get back port fees and taxes, or option 2, which was pick up ship in Key West. Was told this by 3 different NCL employees. Fine. Spent 2 hours getting flights to Key West, $755 one way from Chicago. Fine. Called NCL back to let them know we'd be getting on the ship in Key West. Employee stated we couldn't get on in Key West. I lost my mind after I just got told by 3 NCL people that we could. She puts me on hold and comes back to say that we can get on in Key West. OK Fine. My husband and I were at the airport about 8 hours before we actually left. About 40 minutes AFTER I booked flights to Key West, the last NCL employee called me back with a manager to NOW tell me that I will incure port fines in Key West for $762pp per the JONES ACT!!!! Why was i never informed this EVER?! And the NCL employees should have ABSOLUTELY said something BEFORE I booked the flight to Key West. I felt totally deceived and taken advantage of. If I would have know that this trip was going to cost me more than double of what I originally paid, I would have just cancelled the cruise before I left Chicago and called it a day. After this, it wasn't it. After hotel costs, ubers, etc. We finally get on ship the following day to be treated like complete crap by the staff because we were now DOWNLINERS! I understand it wasn't the cruise lines fault our flight got cancelled but their customer service was absolutely poor and rude. We have family that take cruise all the time and they have never heard of the Jones Act. Why is this not explained better when you book a cruise, especially when you book directly through the cruise line with their so called "experience agents". Not only this but we were supposed to stop in Great Stirrup Cay but could not, due to high waves. Oh great. Now you have 3000 people stuck on a ship. Everyone was trying to be by the pool area but it was so crowed. They had an entire top deck closed off where no one could sit, 2 hot tubs not working, and people laying on over the deck floors on their towels and we were having to step around. Absolutely terrible! There were lots of other details that were not good either but this review would be 10x as long. Then on the last day, because we were downliners, we had to meet the staff at 6am to be personally escorted off of the ship to customs. And once again, treated like garbage. I've tried to contact NCL several times. Sent a few emails and actually sent a letter to corporate. Glad to know that none of their staff cares about anything. Worst vacation ever, and for sure, no more cruises.

BEWARE OF JONES ACT!!!!!!

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by pookiespet