Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Dana6Kids

• Sail Date: Feb 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Studio Stateroom

I went with a 50+ singles travel group for safety in numbers. Ana was my cabin steward, and she was wonderful. The studio cabin was clean, the bed was comfortable and good for my back, and I loved the towel animals Ana made. I'm with others on here in that the room could be equipped with drawers and a refrigerator. It was really nice to be able to shove my empty luggage under the bed, too; plenty of room there.

The reason I'm writing this review is because, before I went on the cruise (Western Caribbean), I had read numerous reviews on Cruise Critic. One in particular makes me laugh now. The reviewer had complained about someone in the next room snoring loudly all day and all night every day of his or her cruise. I'm profoundly hard of hearing and wear a hearing aid, and they had set up my cabin with a deaf alarm that went off for every little noise, even people walking by, or me opening the door or the bathroom door or the closets. It was a constant, LOUD, irritating WAH WAH WAH WAH noise. It took me a day to figure out how to shut off everything but the alarm clock part (which I had to reset every night because all electric shuts off when you pull out the key card and leave your cabin)... and I realized that the reviewer must have had a deaf person in the room next door who couldn't hear the constant alarm at all.

The ship was supposed to provide me with a device that alerted me to all announcements (sort of like a TTY), but they didn't. Fortunately, I had 4000+ people I could ask about what was going on. Other people LOVED the cruise, so I suspect much of my dissatisfaction had to do with being unable to hear.

Dana6Kids's Full Rating Summary

Studio Stateroom
Cabin T1 11543

Better than I expected.

Cave-Tubing

Relaxing and beautiful. WONDERFUL, FUN guides! I just took off my hearing aid and relaxed and enjoyed the peace and quiet.

View All 375 Cave-Tubing Reviews
Hell

It wasn't much. But I was told I could now say I've been to Hell and back. I replied that I've been there and back several times already.

Turtle Farm

It was less boring for me after I got right in the guide's face so I could read his lips. Excellent info, though.

View All 329 Turtle Farm Reviews
Beach

It was a beach.

Dunn's River Falls

AWESOME! I made it all the way to the top, thanks to my wonderful guide, Courtney Oliver! I did the slide, the backward plunge, and sat in the waterfalls. (BRRRR!!!)

View All 287 Dunn's River Falls Reviews