Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review

Quick 2 night Bahamas cruise

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by SSUnitedStates

• Sail Date: Jan 2019
  • Destination: the Bahamas

This was an unusual itinerary, just two nights. Departure from Port Everglades and a slow overnight to Nassau, then overnight back to Port Everglades the following evening. My friend spotted this one-off type of itinerary and the reasonable price along with it, so we booked it for something to do other than sitting around at home this weekend.

The Silhouette is a beautiful ship, I'm sure I didn't see all of it in the short time that we were aboard. We had a Concierge class balcony for our brief cruise, and aside from a bottle of sparkling wine and some hors d'oeuvres on the first night of the cruise I don't think the upcharge for "Concierge" carried with it anything extra. The cabin was perfectly fine for the two of us for two nights and the bathroom was a bit larger than some other standard balcony cabins I've been on, on Royal Caribbean, NCL, and Carnival. Our cabin attendant was excellent and made sure that our cabin was always neat and stocked, and he also quickly handled the few requests we gave to him.

Dining was very good in the buffet area for breakfast and lunch, and we opted for some upcharge restaurants for dinner. I honestly found both of them to be overpriced as compared to the specialty restaurants I've experienced on NCL and Holland America. Also, in the case of QSine, I found the food there to be rather disappointing with a very limited menu. Tuscan Grille was much better, I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner there. We did do room service for breakfast one morning, which was just okay. The menu was not very large.

I did get the opportunty to use the gym and I found it very well equipped, clean, and with a great view of the bow of the ship.

I did find the duty free and general shopping area a bit disappointing for a ship this size. Prices were nothing special either.

The staff onboard was excellent. Everywhere was friendly and nothing seemed forced.

This was my first Celebrity experience and although brief, I would definitely try them for a longer voyage. It's hard to rate higher than the 3 stars I applied as this was such a brief cruise.

SSUnitedStates's Full Rating Summary