3. Carnival Inspiration
I chose this cruise because of the low cost (ha! you get what you pay for!) and the allure of a *fun* experience. The first disappointment was with the room's ventilation system. Freezing cold! To moderate the air flow you had to REACH up to a knob above one of the beds. This was pretty high up...I don't know how a person who is vertically challenged would manage it (I am 5'8"}. There was a horrible odor in the room as well...like a Sulphur smell which made it hard to relax. Turning the system all the way "off" made the room become stuffy since there was then no circulation. I could not breathe at night and woke up puffy eyed and stuffed up. Food: Bad. Very bad. The main dining room, the Mardi Gras, had beautiful menus with descriptions that did not match the actual food being served. A shrimp cocktail arrived on a plate. Not around the rim of a glass. Shrimp were small and flaccid. My Mahi Mahi was overcooked. The so-called grilled chicken breast looked like a Tyson frozen breast with grill marks (although it was moist). Baked potatoes were overcooked and flavorless. I could go on and on. Very disappointing. The food on the Lido deck, for lunch, was just a tad better. The hamburger joint was good. The desserts were good some days, just ok the others. Self serve ice cream station was good. The chocolate chip cookies tasted homemade and were stellar. There was "tea time" on Valentine's Day which was a joke. The tea offerings: Lipton and Green tea. That was it. Unless you wanted to pay out of pocket for herbal. Outrageous. Spa: Clean and well appointed with shiowers, sauna and steam. I enjoyed both the steam and sauna. Treated myself to a pedicure and was hustled to buy every product she used on my feet!!! Not a relaxing experience at all. Weather: Not the ship's fault, but it was terrible. Rained almost every day including the port stop in Ensenada. Not happiness. Could not sunbathe on deck or read. There were a couple of really bad days with the waves in the ocean really rocking and swaying the ship. In the cabin, in the bed, it felt like someone was shaking and tilting the bed frame! Scary. Adult Only deck: The "Serenity Deck" was for adults only. Small but ok. The lounge chairs were plentiful but did not position in a "straight sitting up" position. The straight back chairs were in the back, away from the great views of the water.There was a waiter that came around to take drink orders. Elevators: Very hard to navigate and figure out "what" was "where" and the best way to get there. Cleanliness of ship: Very clean. Carpets, elevators, glass panes in doors. This was impressive. Entertainment: I don't gamble so can't comment on the casions. I attended a couple of comedian shows that were unprofessional and crudely funny, making fun of audience members instead of relying on their own material. Karaoke, however, was entertaining! Drinks: After the tax and gratuity were (automatically) added, all drinks were $11+. I had brought my own Diet Coke onboard so saved that way. I bought the 12-pack bottled water package and that actually lasted for the 5 days for 2 people. Library: Didn't get a chance to really enjoy this room. The times I wanted to go were after dinner (7) and it was being used for the "Chef's Table" sitting. Can't they find somewhere else for this? Staff: Very accommodating and friendly and concerned about any problem brought to them. I complained at just about every meal and every effort was made to satisfy me. Unfortunately, I still wasn't satisfied but at least they tried with a smile. Running into staff in the hallways and asking for directions was not a problem. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Embarking and disembarking: Very organized and fluid. No problems, there. That's about all I can think of right now. I think this was not the ship for me. I like a little more "high end" dining experience and a higher caliber of entertainment.

Great Staff but Poor to Mediocre Experience with Room, Food, Elevators & More

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by viamber67

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Porthole

Embarking and disembarking: Very organized and fluid. No problems, there.

viamber67’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Porthole
Cabin PT R-147
As stated above, a gassy bad smell in the room when the ventilation was "on." Don't know why this was. Otherwise fairly comfortable room with lots of space to put your stuff (ledges, cubbyhole under the T.V., drawers). There was a safe. Bathroom was tiny with hardly any room to put your toiletries but two nice sized hooks on the back of the door. It was nice looking out of the port hole window and looking at the waves. There was a tiny bit of air that came through that way with the curtains open.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins