Carnival Valor Cruise Review

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by osgoodsr

• Sail Date: Feb 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean Suite

Took the 5 day cruise on the Valor with my brothers and their wives. We have been on many other ships and this was the first that was rusted, very limited live entertainment, deserts were only cake and ice cream only and steak and lobsters were $20 extra.(we have always had free lobster 1 night on other ships). The carpeting in the "suite" was very stained and I had to have them fix the balcony door so it would close properly. Shopping area was basically 2 stores and very high prices. (We were given $50 gift certificates to the store and spa and they would not pay 50% of the cheapest item which was a $125 message. There were some $10 items sold in the hallway kiosks that looked pretty nice. I was not given my promised $50/person onboard credits even though it is printed on the ticket and the free drink card I won at the casino was almost worthless as it took an average of 30 minutes for the ONE waiter to get to the table or machines and the card would not work at a bar. Slot payouts were extremely low with 5 ea 7's only paying $80 on a $1 machine. The only bright spot was the service, in that our stateroom attendant and dining room waiter (Nilson) were very good. We didn't take the excursions this time but Progresso is a new village inside a shipping port with about 20 vendors that were branches of the ones in Cozumel. We did not have children but there were a lot of them on the ship even during school days. Although we are regular cruise veterans, we would not consider the Valor.

osgoodsr's Full Rating Summary

Ocean Suite
Cabin OS 7239

Thick accumulated dust on the bathroom a/c vents, but I had it cleaned, stained carpeting, balcony door would not close tight and it made a loud whistle on night one before it was fixed. Lots of rust all around the balcony. I could tell the ship was once very nice.

Cozumel

We have been here several times but it is well kept.

Progreso

Very small and every vendor was already seen at Cozemel. We have made previous trips to Mayan ruins and pirimids.

osgoodsr