• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Zaandam Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

The views were great but the cabin was much smaller than described; food horrible

Review for Zaandam to Alaska
jimgilliland
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Aug 2018
Cabin: Verandah Suite

we choose this cruse as an upgrade to the other lines available. paid more but got way less than expected. the rooms were much smaller than described the full size tub was anything but and the ADA equipment that I requested and was assured would be available, wasn't. of course we were not informed of this till we were outside the 12 mile boundary of the USA.

the air conditioning system never worked the entire trip and they continued to do dry dock repairs while at sea. the anytime dinning for the few times we tried it was always substandard while if you were willing to pay the upcharge the food was excellent. the all inclusive drink package had limits not divulged prior to purchase. during repairs of the interior pool the passengers were exposed to toxic paint of some type which my wife has final recovered from but with my COPD I have not and the Captain, to this date refuses to describe what the exposure was.

the crew / service personnel were great, the views were great, and we did not have a tour that was not outstanding

Verandah Suite