3. Norwegian Escape
Let me preface this by saying I am usually a glass half full kind of person. I grew up without a lot so appreciate the little things in life and understand the value of a dollar. With that being said, I have never cruised before and probably never will after this experience. Too many people and not enough space. Getting on the boat was a nightmare 1 hour and 45 minute wait in line with bags in hand. The terminal is filthy. Then our rooms weren't ready so we sat outside on the cold deck with hundreds of others in 12 degree weather. I didn't realize we had other options on other floors to sit inside. My room was not vacuumed and Legos were on the floor. The mirrors had spots all over them. I cleaned the room before I unpacked. Very annoying after being cold and tired. During the remainder of the week things seemed to stay the same. Not enough chairs and crowded hot tubs, pool and activities. We were off the boat a total of 10 hours in 7 days. One short stop to Coco beach and one to Belmora island. I was ready to pull my hair out. We were unable to tender to Great Stirrup Cay which I understand is not the ships fault exactly, but from my research this happens often. Why advertise if it's a 50/50 chance the boat will stop? Our boat to Belmora island was in shambles and the island was disgusting with garbage and litter all over. Don't even get me started on the "luxury cabanas", it's embarrassing to advertise them as such. I wonder when the last time the pools at this place were cleaned. Getting off the boat was the best/easiest part. The sad part of all of this...my husband is 16 years in the Navy and coming up on a deployment and will be away from our family for the next 9 months or so. This was our last vacation before he leaves. I'm crushed. We tried to make the most of it but unfortunately it just wasn't feasible and we are cranky and tired from the whole experience.

Great if you like huge crowds and long waits

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by Lemmy8032

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Aft-facing Mini-Suite with Balcony

Lemmy8032’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Aft-facing Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M1
Good space, no frills. What I expected.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins