3. Norwegian Dawn
Won the cruise, so was first-timer on NCL; however, have cruised on several other cruise-lines. Our cabin was upgraded through the online bidding process to a suite; so really enjoyed cabin and services being a suite guest provided. The crew was super; doing everything they could to make us feel like part of the family. I'd like to especially commend Adem Sonmez (Assistant Matre-D' Aqua) for his above-and-beyond assistance with my companion's very specific diet restrictions. He personally came to table each night with next evening's menu so companion could place her order for next evening's dinner. We switched to Venetian for dinner half-way through cruise because it was quieter. But, we made a special visit last evening to Aqua just to thank Adem...he was our "hero award winner" for entire cruise! Over-all, ship was very average in all other aspects when comparing with other cruise-liners. I do give a below-average rating to menu offered in main dining rooms. We had wonderful breakfast/lunch options as suite guests, but main dining room for dinner choices lowered over-all rating. I joked with Matre-D in the Venetian one evening saying that some of their entrees were the poor-man's version of what I expected to be on the menu. I don't know if I'll ever book with NCL again. If I do, I guess I'll need to pay extra for the speciality restaurants to get the quality of dinners to which I've found standard in main dining-room on other cruise-lines.

Crew great but....main dining menu very disappointing

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by gingin410

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Family Suite

gingin410’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Family Suite
Cabin SJ 12516
Cabin was well-appointed. Both our butler and cabin steward went all-out to provide first class service. My companion is very sensitive to cigarette smells and twice felt that somehow the smoke from the deck above smoking area somehow seeped into the room through the one window that needs to be replaced due to what must be leak in seal (window was constantly cloudy).
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins