3. Norwegian Escape
Just some history ,This was our 42 nd Cruise and 17th on NCL ,we're Platinum Plus Members . I won't bother going into the all the problems caused by the previous Cruises Noro Virus ,all I can say is that everything I've read in other reviews Is 100% true . It didn't start well ,as we arrived at 9.30 and didn't board until 1.30-2.00 pm Since we're Platinum Plus we were allowed into a separate waiting area ,and we were supposed to be the 2nd group to board , As soon as we boarded we rushed down to the information deck to sign up for the Vibes club ,this was the second disappointment as we were informed that it was already sold out . I found this really disappointing as we were within the first 150 people onboard. The only groups that got on before us were the Haven Guess's and the Handicapped . This brings me to a new complaint that I've experienced on a few cruises ,is that a large family group sometime 8 or more bring grandma who is in a wheel chair ,and the whole family gets priority embarkation, I'm not against someone with a true Handicap getting special service , actually I hope they do, but is it really necessary to give the whole group ,when really only one healthy person is necessary,after all there all heading to the same place, now multiply this by 50 or 100 and you will see what I mean. We've cruised on the NCL Breakaway 3 times ,and never experienced the crowds ,and lines like we did on this ship. I guess the Escape holds more guess than the Breakaway , It took us a few days to find a comfortable place to hang out ,H2-0 Spice was the only place we found that thee were still lounge chairs were usually available . I have to give this ship 4 stars for the quality of the food in both the free restaurants and the premium dining options ,even the buffet was quite good ,as they did a great job at having specialty nights . As far as entertainment , we found the H2-0 spice had varied music nights ,and it was great hanging out in the warm Caribbean weather outside on the deck .The Band " Lets Groove " was very good and played for great music from the 80s and 90s . Spent quite a bit of time in the casino which was good ,except the smoke ,I'm an ex smoker [25 years] but the smell and smoke bother my eyes ,the problem is that almost all the tables in the non smoking section were empty ,and I prefer to play blackjack with a table of players . The gym was good with plenty of machines and free weight,but No towels for the first 7 days . you had to go to the desk and ask for a towel ,didn't really understand that. Another small incident that pissed me off was I had brought a sealed bottle of NCL purchased water off the ship ,getting back on the bottle ,still sealed , was confiscated by the so called security , Claiming that it was CONTAMINATED . how could it be contaminated if it was never opened ?. Many of the crew seamed confused and dazed over some of the rules and regulations that went along with the virus protection .I was using my elbow to press the button in the elevators as they looked filthy. Overall the cruise was OK we had great weather , but unless I get an upgrade to the Haven or a owners suite, we Most likely won't cruise on this ship again . The only port I would recommend skipping is St.Johns Antigua.Very poor Island Took a ship sponsored tour [lunch included] to a nice Beach , The beach was nice ,kind of crowded ,and had the normal hawkers trying to sell you whatever, but we're used to that and most left as soon as they figured you weren't buying anything, but the beach house was run down,and the food was horrible . They had some kind of local fish they called butter fish ,better name would be bone fish . Most of the rest of the Islands we did our own tours or booked into a private resort for the day. Realgearhead telling it like it is

Lines, Lines, And more Lines

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by realgearhead

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

Realgearhead telling it like it is
realgearhead’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA 11824
Mini-suite with balcony , Seemed poorly late out to me , no draws ,only cubbyholes, No actual table [unless you want to count the 12"x12" table on the balcony] No normal chair ,only a backless stool . Narrower than most rooms . Nice bathroom and shower, Good TV with interactive information .
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins