• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

ValerieJo
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2010
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

A little background information about us and our cruising style. We are a late 40's, early 50's couple who's children are grown up and on their own. We both work pretty hard during the year and have to save up for a nice vacation. Also, we are pretty low maintenance and basically go with the flow on most things. "I'm on vacation, so I'd rather not spend my precious vacation days sweating the small stuff." We tend to book the least expensive cabin as we are very rarely in it and would rather spend the money difference on fun excursions and other goodies.

Now on with the Review.....

We flew from Detroit through Atlanta to San Juan. Good thing we planned to go in a day ahead. There were terrible thunder storms in Atlanta and our flights were delayed. We arrived in San Juan at 3:00am the morning of the cruise. As hotels can be pretty pricey in Old San Juan, we looked for a bargain hotel. We booked a room at the SJ Suites in Old San Juan. It was relatively inexpensive (approx. $125.00 for the night) since we only spent about 6 hours in the room, I'm glad we didn't pay for a luxury hotel. The hotel was a bit on the rough side although I do have to say it was clean and met the basic needs. The location was perfect for taking in a bit of the city before heading to the port. If you are looking for a great location, cheap rate and are not too picky, then this hotel should be fine for a night. If you like a bit of luxury or plan to stay more than 1 night, you might want to look elsewhere.

Interior Stateroom

Cabin Q

We have been on three cruises and always opt for the least expensive inside cabin. Of course these cabins are very small, but I do find that they are comfortable and have ample storage space. We also prefer the lower decks in the middle of the ship for less motion. I also find that the lower decks are pretty quiet as well.

previous reviewnext review