3. Norwegian Dawn
I selected this sailing because of the ports. I booked within the last month because of an opening in my work schedule and I have a broken leg so options where I could relax and not do much were limited. I have been on 32 cruises on other cruise lines. I knew that the cruise would not be as nice as Princess or Disney, but it was a nightmare from start to finish. I would never sail Norwegian again. I would never recommend anybody sail on the Norwegian Dawn. One of the absolute worst parts of this trip was the food. It was for the most part inedible. The prepared dishes had either zero taste or a weird combination of flavors that I found disgusting. I tried to make a salad or have fruit, but the fruits and vegetables available on the buffet were usually rotten. This was also the case for raw fruits and vegetables served in the dining rooms and the pub. I bought room service one night because I was desperately hungry. Sadly, it was the same inedible crap as the buffet. The chips that came with a sandwich were crumbs. I wondered if they just bought old vegetables, meats and other food stuffs that nobody else wanted. The ship was a mess to navigate. There were no public places to sit after 6pm outside unless you wanted to be in the pool area where the “parties” were taking place. By 6pm each evening deck hands made me and other guests get up from the sun loungers outside on Deck 7. The interior public areas smelled like 15 year old cigarette smoke. The only ATM was in the casino; an area with all the charm of an off off strip hourly motel in Vegas. The theme of a rundown motel was carried out into the corridors and cabin spaces. There were dents in the walls of both the hallways and my cabin. The carpet was so dirty in my room that my socks were black from walking from the bed to the bathroom. Not all of the light bulbs worked in my room. I asked the room steward to fix it, but that never happened. The decorative scarf and bed pillows were covered in pulling and had obviously never been replaced. I didn’t feel clean in the room. The bath was okay — it contained the one bright spot in the cabin! There was a glass shower door. The metal surround on the door had rust but at least I didn’t have to fight with a fabric shower curtain. There were wall dispensers for shampoo, shower gel, and hand soap. A small tube of lotion and a bar soap were provided at embarkation, but never replaced. I paid for premium WiFi at a cost of $250 for the week. I was never able to stream video. The TV had 2 broadcast channels MSNBC and Fox News. And that was it! There were random old reruns of tv shows shown on one of the channels. There were several channels selling crap from the ship of excursions. Embarkation was quick. Debarkation involved a very long line for customs and a queue for the taxi in the heat. I got out of the taxi line when the dispatcher told me it would cost $50 to take me to the airport. (It was only $25 from the airport to the port.) I got an Uber for $12. The gift shop had no sun screen, aloe gel, or lotions for purchase. The snacks for purchase there were very limited. The cabin steward was friendly. I observed on multiple occasions other staff being downright rude and mean to other guests. It was shocking. My advice is to find another cruise if you still have the option. If not, take plenty of snacks and books or downloaded movies for entertainment.

The best part of the cruise was getting off the ship.

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Cricket98