3. Azamara Journey
We chose this cruise for the itinerary - only Cuba with no unwanted stops at resort-like Caribbean islands. And on that score, we felt that we made the right decision. Cuba was absolutely fascinating, and we haven't stopped talking about what we learned. As for the ship - we love the small size, the same as the small Oceana ships. The cabin was adequate, although the bathroom was a little small. It did have adequate storage and was kept immaculate by the cabin stewards. Now for the reasons that engendered a 3-star rating. The entertainment was the worst that we have ever seen on a ship. There was a feeling that Azamara was trying to economize - (1) instead of nicely wrapped chocolates on our pillows, there were two little pieces cut from a bar of fudge. Because they were not wrapped, I could not take them with me on my next day's tour. (2) the tablecloths in the main dining room were not ironed. If you won't iron the cloths, use polyester. (3) the daily program was printed on a smaller than usual piece of paper that necessitated the use of small font for the schedule. (4) Other than in Prime, the quality of the meat was only so-so. (5) free drinks were only available in public venues. Liquor from the mini bar carried a charge. Bottom line - I would only go with Azamara again if the itinerary was so compelling. Otherwise we prefer Oceana or Celebrity

Great Itinerary, not so great ship

Azamara Journey Cruise Review by Jaylaw2

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Club Deluxe Veranda Stateroom

Jaylaw2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azamara Journey price drops

Club Deluxe Veranda Stateroom
Cabin VX 7022
Cabin is very comfortable for 2 people. Good storage, and excellent hanging space. Our stewards were extremely accommodatin
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins