3. Grandeur of the Seas
This was our 7th cruise (Previously - 5X on Carnival Pride, 1X on Royal's Anthem). Were concerned after reading reviews and comments about this "small ship" that caters to "old people". At 51 & 56, my husband and I loved our time on the Lady G. The entire staff was outgoing and friendly and truly made us feel welcome. We even ran into Captain Thor at Starbucks one morning. He made it a point to speak to us and seemed sincere in wanting to know how we were enjoying our vacation. Although Mike, the Cruise Director, and Nick, his assistant, were heading to new ships after this sailing, they are leaving behind BIG shoes to fill. They were outstanding! The ship is small but is absolutely perfect for a relaxing vacation. It has everything you need! Ocean View Cabin 3638 was small, but we don't spend much time in our room anyway. The biggest challenge was showering. My husband is 6'7" and the bathroom does not accommodate large people well! We ate the majority of our evening meals in the main dining room. Some meals were excellent, some were just okay. The coffee was terrible! Unless you enjoy yours with a very bitter taste and many grounds floating in it, I think you would agree. Wait staff was super and made sure we were taken care of. Bartenders at the R Bar were simply the best! We purchased the beverage package this time and ordered drinks throughout the ship. A Cruise Critic member had recommended trying a BBC - which we did - and we loved it! The unfortunate thing was that they were not consistent throughout the ship. Not sure if it was a language issue, but we received drinks that were not what we asked for many times. If we had been paying as we went (rather than the package), I would have been a little upset. We spent a lot of time in the Solarium. Enjoyed the pool! They did allow children in on the colder days, but only for certain blocks of time so it was tolerable. There always seemed to be kids under 16 in the area (not in the pool), but staff members did not ask them to leave. Most were well behaved so it wasn't an issue. I'm a parent and I love kids, but it seemed as though not many moms and dads watch their kids too closely. I observed kids barreling into/out of elevators without any respect to the elderly getting on/off; kids were picking food up from the buffet without using the prongs (mom's watched but didn't say a word), etc. Kids will be kids - but simple manners would be nice. Service was incredible. We were surprised how many staff called us by name. Definitely the friendliest ship we have ever been on. We had so many awesome conversations with other guests. Everyone was so nice. It made it one of the best vacations we have ever had. We packed gym clothes, but am ashamed to admit I only went once. There was a nice assortment of cardio machines and a great view of the ocean! The entertainment was pretty good. We loved laughing at the comics. They were fabulous. I loved 70s night and the Veterans' Tribute. What an awesome way to pay homage to our military men and women. Kudos to RC for hosting this event and for providing the flag cake. The crew talent show was excellent. Brilliant idea! Nice variety for a small ship!! Everyone has different likes and dislikes, but I cannot imagine anyone that goes on this ship would not have a good time. Loved the east coast/Bahamas itinerary. We are booked on the Anthem in November 2019, but am now wishing we would have booked Grandeur instead. That said, we will go back!

Exceeded Our Expectations

PennsylvaniaGirl67’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6N 3638
Small but clean. Window was behind bed headboard. I prefer it alongside. Not much storage, but it works. Extremely tight bathroom. I would be hesitant to book an oceanview in the future. Would have to consider a large oceanview or balcony.
Deck 4 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins