Britannia Cruise Review

First Time Cruise and We Loved It - Drone Problem Was Managed Very Well

Britannia Cruise Review by davidcrackers

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: the Caribbean

My wife and I had never "done a cruise" and were tempted by a last minute deal. The flight out of Gatwick with TUI was really well done and the 'plane was superb. Too much up selling of duty free stuff but, hey ho, that's life.

The embarkation process was seamless with some very courteous mini coach drivers.

Really fast check in onto the ship. Our luggage hadn't arrived when we went to our cabin but that is to be expected so we spent a fascinating few hours exploring the ship. We had an hour sunbathing and returned to the cabin where our luggage said hello to us.

We chose an inside cabin as we didn't want to be in the cabin too much. The cabin was superb with plenty of space and was really, really clean. (Tip: to free up more space pop your shoes under the bed) Freddy our steward was perfection itself and he always greeted us with a smile.

Getting set up for WI FI was a bit of a ceremony but we didn't let that annoy us. We cancelled the automatic tip system and tipped our favourite staff nicely and in person.

The Horizon restaurant was absolutely superb with great selections and lovely views. We had top quality service from the beginning with Ronald being a stellar waiter/busboy. I was pretty much addicted to the Indian vegetable curry which was made on board and to be honest far better than most Indian restaurants I've been to in the UK and I've been to a few hundred. Everything was slick and immaculate clean.

We did try the Peninsular but things were a bit slow so we didn't go back and stayed loyal to the Horizon.

The shows in the Theatre were superb. High, high quality. Horizon 3, Peter Howarth and the Bluejays were all absolutely splendid and having been in the entertainment world for decades I am quite picky. The pantomime by the entertainment crew was really not too good so we left. Lots stayed and enjoyed it though. We liked the reggae/calypso band on the main deck.

Around the pool was very busy and noisy so we found a few quiet spots around the ship to bask in the sun. Gorgeous.

There was always good product and service around the pool areas and wait staff wandering around ready to take an order

We loved staying on board the ship when most people went on a tour as we were so very relaxed and happy basking in the sun.

We had a wonderful time for the whole cruise and can't really fault it. Yes things aren't always to everyone's liking but that is life. We thought it was all pretty much perfect and we are very fussy. I note people complaining about the elevators and that's fair enough but when a lot of people use the elevator for one or two floors it's easy to see why it all gets clogged. We did the stairs as much as possible.

We were on board when the Gatwick drone problem was going on and I have to say P & O and TUI managed everything so well it was very impressive. Superb emergency management.

Thank you P and O Cruises and TUI - We will be back!

davidcrackers's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Inside B 240

Inside cabin. Just perfect for my wife and I. Freddy was superb

Island Tour

Very boring and uncomfortable. Very expensive for what it was

View All 64 Island Tour Reviews