I was on a 12 night cruise from New Zealand via Tasmania finishing up at Sydney Australia. The cruise was to include New Zealand North Island, New Zealand South Island, Tasmania, Melbourne and Sydney Australia. Embarkation in Auckland was bad. Their boarding ramp broke and this added a few hours to the ordeal. Not a great start. The room (see below for cabin description) was very poor, dated and with quite a few issues. The ship itself was quite dated and in need of a lot of attention. Hit and miss on reception staff. I took pictures and videos which I presented to the reception staff who did a lot of nodding, agreed to do things and then didn't do anything. Needed constant chasing. That said, eventually one reception person did sort me out and was very good. (they are on shifts so quite hit and miss). I had also had a problem where my door didn't close at all. This was quickly sorted out. The other staff on the boat were very good (restaurant etc) and very friendly. I approached Holland America head office with these issues, offered to show them the evidence in the form of pictures and videos I took of the knocking noises, and of the poor customer service on the ship regarding this. They were not interested and all I got from them was a dismissive "Sorry you feel that way" type response, to quote them "extend our apologies if you feel their response was unacceptable". Very poor response.

Dated ship, poor service from Holland America

Noordam Cruise Review by p8k

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Large Interior Stateroom

The other staff on the boat were very good (restaurant etc) and very friendly.

p8k’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Noordam price drops

Large Interior Stateroom
Cabin I 7047A
This room was in appalling condition, the bed sheets had holes in them. There was mildew in the shower. There were wooden wedges jammed in the wall panelling to stop creaking and groaning, and more alarmingly, knocking noises which the room constantly suffered from.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins