Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review

Excellent Ship with a couple of suggested improvements

Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by radarz

• Sail Date: Feb 2019
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

I can only say this ship is excellent. The ship was clean, decor classy without being gordy, the service was excellent, the food was excellent and our cabin was clean and comfortable. The only show we attended in the main theater was the movie on the day we spent in port, we would have attended more shows but the requirement to wear a jacket meant we were not allowed in. Also we did not attend the main dinning room, as again I did not have a jacket. Personally, even though they aim to keep up the standard of dress, I don't see why a Jacket is required.

My only complaint is not the ship itself, but a few things I found lacking.

Lets start with embarkation. Checking in was ok, although it was a long line and nearly one hour before we reached the desk but as we were walking towards the ship there was a photographer on the pier. Fairly normal for this to happen, however there was nbo background to say where we were. No picture of the ship, nothing so the photo was just a photo of us on the pier which I thought was strange.

Next comes the fact we missed Kangaroo Island. Not a big deal as for us it was just a bonus as we were here for the cruise not the shore excursion. However that meant that we were going straight to Adelaide. Again not a big deal to us, as we intended to spend the day on the ship anyway. Problem was, nothing was open. Now for a seasoned cruiser you would have known that nothing opens in port, but I thought it would have been a good idea to announce the fact that everything would be shut in port and if you wanted to buy a souvenir then you should do it tonight. My wife was seasick on the first day, so we missed out on buying anything at all.

Next the day tours in Adelaide. The Captain announced that there would be alternative arrangements made because we were going direct to Adelaide and tours would be organized. As we intended to stay on the ship we did not care anyway, However, there was no announcements and nothing in the nightly flyer about any tours. We know there was tours as we overheard others talking about them. Poor communication I think.

Overall I would say that this was the best ship we have ever been on, however I would also say hat it is not the best cruise due to the high amount of movement in high seas and the requirement for a Jacket along with the minor problems mentioned. We would however go with Cunard again.

radarz's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin FC 4077

Cabin is as it says, an obstructed view, but over all I good cabin.When you walk into the cabin the bed is at the window end of the room meaning you walk into space. This gives you the illusion of a more spacious room as you are not walking directly into the bed. Bathroom is the standard capsule bathroom with shower only.

radarz