Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Bubbles13doc

• Sail Date: Jan 2019
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

We chose this cruise to coincide with school holidays as we took two of our 4 children with us aged 10 & 14. This was a bad idea as they were bored the whole trip. The kids club was mainly playing video games and this didn’t interest them. So I had to entertain my kids. It was not much of a holiday for me tbh. If you were over 50 then this trip is perfect from the music to the classes for origami and vegetables carving.

Even the shows were ABBA and Elton John . The shows were good but my kids were not impressed. Johnny Balance was onboard doing magic and is fantastic as well as funny and cute to boot. Being an American ship the gratuities were about $15 per person per room per day which was about $900. Beware of gratuities when booking a cruise.

The good coffee was about $5 US but was worth it. The food was amazing too and there was plenty of variety.

My girls had to sleep on a fold out lounge that was as hard as a rock. I don’t know how they got any sleep at all.

The tours are an absolute ripoff. It is better to wait till you get to each port and do your own thing. Every port has a free shuttle bus to take you into town where you can hire a taxi to take you to the places you would like to see and it would still work out cheaper that the price they charge onboard. Remembering that it is in US dollars and the cheapest tour was $65 each to the aquarium. When we got there they have a big sign saying a family of four is $60. It cost us $260 US onboard, what a joke. Be very careful when booking tours onboard as you don’t get anything for the money you pay. We went on a tour of one of the islands and the information being given to us by the bus driver was no different to the information written on the brochure onboard.

Bubbles13doc's Full Rating Summary

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB 11014

The fold out lounge was as hard as a rock. This was very disappointing considering the extra money I paid for a suite. The bath was great and my bed was comfortable but the pillows are so soft I did not sleep well. I will take my own pillow from now on.

Sea Life Aquarium

All tour are very expensive and very overrated. The aquarium was interesting but not for the price we were charged. I could have taken my family of four on a free shuttle and entry would have been $60 US, not $260.

View All 13 Sea Life Aquarium Reviews