3. Norwegian Jade
My wife and I had a great time together but the cruise was disappointing. The best customer service was with Joanne from O'Sheehans and our room guy. We were never "WOWd". As a diamond member and a 1K member on "other" methods of travel I am aware that I am not not "status" on NCL and that is OK. Disembarkation was pretty smooth, no really issues there, and finding our room was a breeze. Our biggest issue was that other than our cabin Steward and one server (includes walking by SEVERAL cruise executives) no one seemed to care about you. There is no way to know if I walk by the Captain that he/she knows I'm a first timer or a frequent traveler. It costs NOTHING to smile or say "hello" to anyone you make eye contact with. For example on "formal night" my wife and I were dressed to the 9s and went to the casino. After waiting earlier in the day for 20min for a drink at the same bar I had to wait for 20 more minutes with NO ONE at the bar. After seeing the beverage captain "Monsur" at the casino bar I complained about the lack of a "customer service" factor to the guy spending hundreds of dollars in his casino. After I interrupted him with his coworkers his answer was to send a waitress to take my wife's order and mine for full price. Needless to say we cashed out with a good win still in the bank. At the end of the day, we were never "wow'd" by the simple and easy things. Customer service and making me feel like I am a guest rather than a customer is a big deal. The hotel director didn't give a hoot either after we complained. He tried to "buy us a drink" to help deal with our displeasure and told us literally... "go on a newer ship because that's where they pull the better staff." So if I want to be treated like a "guest" like Disney, I need to spend more money....? At the end of the day, I'd rather spend the money to get to the "Haven" just to to see if it matters. I paid for for the class and experience of Norwegian Cruise lines, and ended up with experience of a Carnival and/or Groupon Sales Cruise. Super easy fixes to a super disappointing experience. BTW the "general food" (to include the garden Cafe, MDR, & O'SHEEHANS) is bland and lack luster.) EVERYTHING (except the Teppanyaki restaurant) is not good . The exec chef does not seem too excited about the Gen population. I honestly had better cafeteria food 20 yrs ago. We did the gym on the mornings of Port and that was nice. Pretty empty and a good amount of options. The one show we attended was the illusionist and that was acceptable. Consider different cruises or cruise lines for a better experience.

Incredibly Dissatisfied

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by PROLAXER

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Porthole Window

Super easy fixes to a super disappointing experience.

The one show we attended was the illusionist and that was acceptable.

Consider different cruises or cruise lines for a better experience.
PROLAXER’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OG
As a "larger dude" I felt comfortable in this cabin until it was time to poop, shower, change, or breathe.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins