Viking Sky Cruise Review

Northern Lights

Viking Sky Cruise Review by PCHS82

• Sail Date: Jan 2019
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea

The Northern Lights have always been on our bucket list so when Viking offered the cruise we jumped on it. The cruise lived up to all our expectations and more. We were in PV 6085 which was very comfortable and spacious. Loved the heated bathroom floors! Our cabin steward Fernando was always one step ahead in meeting our needs. My husband had a head cold and he added a box of tissue by the bed. He always kept our ice bucket fresh. All the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The Captain was always out and about greeting guest. At a question answer session with the Captain and a few officers he was asked about how he kept the crew in such high spirits. He felt it was the free internet that allowed them contact with their families. I did not meet a staff member that did not seem happy.

The food on board the Sky exceeded our expectations.

Judi which was over excursions was a pleasure to work with and went above and beyond to help. I had booked a ski trip for my husband in Narvik that was canceled because of lack of interest. She help my husband and 3 others secure a taxi and go on their own.

I loved the hot drinks waiting as we arrived back on board from a cold excursion.

The embarkment and disembarkation went very smooth. There was always plenty of Viking staff to help facilitate at the airport and terminals.

Recommendations:

-My husband really enjoyed the pianist on board very much.

-waffles at Mamsen

-The Grieg excursion in Bergen.

-The Northern Lights excursion in Tromso ....we had the most incredible Northern Light show.

-Take the cable car up the mountain on your on in Tromso. The views are beautiful. Tromso was our favorite city.

- The Northern Light cathedral in Alta.

We will defiantly take another Viking cruise in the future!

PCHS82's Full Rating Summary

Cabin PV 6085

The cabin was spacious and comfortable. Lots of storage and sitting areas. The bathroom was very nice. The shower was large compared to other ships.

Lovely concert and tour.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Tromso Planetarium

This was included in the city tour. They showed a Northern Lights film.

View All 6 Tromso Planetarium Reviews

Drove around with a few picture stops.

View All undefined undefined Reviews