3. Pride of America
I choose to sail on this cruise as I thought what better way to see Hawaii then being able to visit 4 of its beautiful islands within a week. I also loved that it offered two overnight stays to give you even more time in Kuai & Maui. It also seemed like a more affordable way to see Hawaii then travelling the islands on your own. Embark was fast and easy although our itinerary had changed before we even got on board. This left us with all of our excursions cancelled and no clear answers as to when or what we could re-book. As soon as we got on the boat we went straight to the shore excursions desk where we were treated with complete disrespect and rudeness. They could care less to help us and just told us to come back later in the evening once they figured things out. Each day we were left with more uncertainty of where we were going due to the weather. Both of our days in Maui were cancelled minutes after we were about to walk off the gangway. How can you cancel our port of call on the hour that people are suppose to exit the boat and enjoy their day. I would be walking off the boat at 7 am as scheduled to enjoy the port and they would announce that the water is too rough and we are going to have a day at sea. If you get sea sick this is an awful way to spend your day. The shore excursions desk was an awful place to deal with and as our excursions got cancelled multiple times throughout the week we hated having to go back to speak to the staff. In all honesty we couldn't wait to get off the boat and enjoy the time we booked see Honolulu at the end of our cruise on our own. Food in the dining room was average, they had some great options but most of the time the food was cold and wasn't very appetizing. The dining staff didn't say much either and weren't very friendly. Most of them didn't even tell us their name or of any specials for the night. Buffet was also average, typical food options. Sometimes the buffet was way too busy and it was hard to find somewhere to sit. Nothing is worst than having to carry your food half way across the boat to eat in your room. Our stateroom steward however was amazing and so kind. She always came to see if we were doing ok and if we needed anything. She even came to knock when our itinerary for the next day was ready. The pool was ok nothing special, this deck looks like it could use a new pool. When we had the days at sea if you didn't get out right away good luck finding a place to sit. It was impossible. They had a great gelato place though on the pool deck ...it was an extra charge but it was delicious. Made the sea days a bit better along with the pool side bbq they offered. Gave you a chance to grab lunch without having to deal with the buffet. I probably wouldn't sail with this cruise line again as customer service was awful and a lot of times you asked guest services a question and they weren't always sure how to help you. I dont really like feeling like I have to ask 3 people a question to get help or an answer. They also weren't very friendly on this boat compared to other cruise lines we sailed with. I also hated the fact that any of our cancelled excursions couldn't just be refunded onto our credit card. They issue a refund through a cheque which takes a week to get mailed out to you.

Great way to see Hawaii BUT awful customer service

cruisingsince2016’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Inside
Cabin IX 9023
Cabin was an average size but it did have a lot of places to store our clothes and belongings. I also loved that it had a vanity with plugs to do your hair & make up in the morning. Bed was also pretty comfortable but pillows could be firmer.
Deck 4 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins