MSC Divina Cruise Review
1,756 Reviews

Too crowded and atmosphere is very boring in general...

MSC Divina Cruise Review by A.B.2019

• Sail Date: Feb 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Stateroom

First of all, I got a room with a balcony that was presented in the pictures with a nice open view. The room I got half of the balcony is made a metal that doesn't have the nice open view. 95% of other rooms have the balcony made of a transparent glass that allows the nice open view over the ocean... sunsets etc.. Anyway... that was my first disappointment. I didn't get what I paid for!! It is very rare I go on vacation and it is exactly for these type of reasons!! you never get what you pay for!!

Second, this is a cruise for seniors. I was there with my family and for my family given that we live on two different continents and we don't see each other for years ( last time I spent time with my sister was 8 years ago). My group included 19 yo, 23 yo, 40, and late 40s.We expected to be able to stay a little late than mid-night maybe meeting fun people. The ship is full with seniors, the programs are boring and everything closes at mid-night. Be prepared for long boring walks back and forth and trying to have fun.

The two restaurants and three bars looked nice, the dinner was decent every night. They have options that they change every evening.Dinner is ok. In general the personal is ok. They don't speak english but eventually they would bring what you want :).

The breakfast had two options buffet and a la carte. The buffet is super crowded. Food is ok-ish. It is a cantina type of serving. By the end of the trip everyone was coughing left and right in your food! :)

I really don't recommend the MSC tours. There isn't much time to spend on each city/island and not much time for sight-seeing, they are very disorganized, expensive and you waist your time trying to get on busses then stuck in traffic. Try to make your own schedule, find a nice beach and go there. Most public beaches aren't too clean but at least you don't stay in a bus for hours. The bus we visited Panama broke in the middle of the highway, we waited 40 min while the driver tried to fix it (some type of belt broke), eventually they sent another one. I was very surprised, and they continue the tour in the old city.

Third, at the end I experienced a very unpleasant situation with an employee that scan cards and make sure you are the person that travel. Instead of being honest and give the right information that I was selected for a security check, he told us that the system broke and I can't get out of the ship until an officer comes to see me. I had to wait long time while nothing was happening. It became very messy very fast because my family was waiting for me and we all had to say Goodbye and go on our way to the different flights. To speed up the process, because other people were waiting to get out of the ship, I requested someone to bring me to the security check and in the meantime I figure out the real reason why they stopped me. I find it very unprofessional to misinform people and very disrespectful creating confusion without any reason in an already crowded/messy situation. This type of personal shouldn't be on a "hospitality" business and he should be fired. I barely had time to say goodbye and hug my sister. The entire thing just turn my stomach upside down.

A.B.2019's Full Rating Summary