3. Carnival Glory
My wife and I took this 7 night Caribbean cruise in February / 2019. Our boarding process was very fast compared to other cruises The ship has several attractions and places to have fun: table tennis, two water slides, swimming pools, plenty of deck chairs to sunbathe on the decks. The theater was never crowded at nightly shows. In two of the 7 nights, there was no show, but only entertainment by the Cruise Director, including situations in my view embarrassing, exposing the intimate life of couples. I'd rather have shows in place of these competitions. In the first morning I decided to order hot milk, but it was so hard to get it that the other days I gave up. Two employees serving on the deck 9 buffet told me they had no hot milk at all. Another employee who was collecting dishes told me that I could ask to warm up in the coffe shop. Then I went back to one of those who had denied the existence of hot milk and he took my cup with cold milk and brought hot and sparkling. Poor training and customer service In relation to food, in general it is varied and of great quality. The problem is the opening hours of the buffet for lunch (Deck 9). Each day it has a different time, if you are not aware of the brochure delivered in the cabin, you may miss the main meal. This also occurs during the stops, where you end up coming back later. After 2:30 pm depending on the day you only find pizza, sandwiches or cheeseburger to eat until dinner time (in my case it was 8:15 pm). They could leave at least some healthy and light food choices in this period, such as fruits and cookies. On other ships the buffet does not close all day, only decreasing the amount of food offerings. Information on stops, activities and excursions could be much better. I went to the excursion office to ask for hints and the attendant simply gave me a huge book, with hundreds of options for me to turn around, showing no interest in helping us choose. I did all the rides on my own, which was a lot cheaper than hiring in the ship. In regards to maps and information on the places the note is ZERO. They distribute a small map of each port, just to advertise for jewelry stores, without informing NOTHING about the place. An example: on Roatan Island, Honduras they distributed this useless map. At the end of the afternoon, almost at the time of our return we discovered that next to the port there is an excellent beach (Mahogany Beach), with all infrastructure (chairs, restaurants, shades) totally free. None of this was informed in the ship, so you have to pay the expensive excursions to go to other beaches. The constant warnings by the ship's sound system by the cruise director are very annoying and are often early in the morning, disrupting anyone who wants to sleep. Although it is a cruise leaving Miami, visiting Spanish-speaking countries, everything is in English, notices, leaflets etc. They could make versions of the most important instructions at least in other languages (as Disney parks do) TV works fine. Two channel with new movies, two for kids, one with CBSN and one with old B movies (this last always with a delay between image and sound).

Nice ship

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by jdd2000

My wife and I took this 7 night Caribbean cruise in February / 2019.

Our boarding process was very fast compared to other cruises

jdd2000’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Glory price drops

Interior
Cabin 4G 9212
Cabin was Ok for a couple. They joined two beds to make a queen. Space to luggage, Plenty of space to hang clothes. Silent location. The problem was housekeeping cleaning other cabins and corridor early in the morning, with vaccum
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins