3. Ruby Princess
My hubby booked this cruise to celebrate Valentines Day this year. It was only an hour drive from home so we drove our car and parked at the cruise port. The parking fee was $18.00 a day so it's about a break even for an Uber from our house. It was easy to park and dropping off our bags was in front of the terminal was super easy too. We were on the ship and in our room with in 30 min or so. Our room was very nice but a little on the small side for a Premium balcony room on the very back of the ship. Only one small chair and no sofa bed like we have had on other Princess ships. The bed was super comfortable and our room steward Gerry was awesome. This was our 4th cruise with Princess and our first time on the Ruby. Here is a list of pros and cons: Pros Comfy bed and bedding Great service though out the ship Nice clean ship Good Food Great Comedian Nice gym Cons Up charging every where we went, even in the Main dining room No prices on beverage menu in dining room No free specialty restaurants like on some of the other Princess ships ( Alfredo's and English pub) Lots of for fee options like specialty restaurants, menu items in Main dining room, Salty Dog cafe, wine tastings, bottled water..... I felt like they had many changes since my cruise in December last year. No Lobster offered on this cruise, they had Alfredo's Italian Cafe on other ships with no fee and the English Pub that served great British fare with out an extra fee, they had for fee items on the main menu that I thought was strange from the Crown Grill, they were selling smoothies for a fee in the main dining room at breakfast, fee for the Thermal spa which is nice but small $ 149.00 for two. ( we did enjoy it).

Valentine cruise

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Little Rascal

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Pros

Comfy bed and bedding

Great service though out the ship

Nice clean ship

Good Food

Great Comedian

Nice gym

Cons

Up charging every where we went, even in the Main dining room

No prices on beverage menu in dining room

Little Rascal’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD R751
Nice cabin with a great wake view. The room is a little small. No sitting area except a small desk with a chair. Very small shower, I'm 5'4 and not over weight and it was tight showering. The shower curtain clung to me when washing. :(. Our room steward was great.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins