• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Bulacan Group USA
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Oct 2009
Cabin:

Our Panama Canal cruise is the most outstanding cruise we've taken so far - we've been to Alaska, Caribbean, Mexican Rivera (a lot). This cruise vacation, as described by RCCL, is filled with boatloads of activities, wonderful adventures and unforgettable experiences. This is so true! We started in San Diego and our ports are Cabo San Lucas, Acapulco, Huatulco, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Panama Canal, Grand Cayman and ends in Miami.

Embarkation is very easy in San Diego. As a Californian, we've embark in LA, San Pedro and San Francisco. San Diego is the easiest embarkation we've had so far. Everything just flows smoothly. Our luggage arrived at our cabins juest before dinner (6pm). Some of our neighbors (fellow passengers) didn't get their luggage and would ask if they can go to the Dining Room as they care (casual). The MDR did not have any problem at all!

The MDR staff are outstanding as well. They would chase the passengers down though, if you forgot to use the anti-bacterial lotion. They were very careful and cleaning all the tme in all dining room areas, the hallways,restrooms and all public areas. Out MDR hostess, Aishe is very splendid! I met her on the first night and she asked for my name. After that, whenever we go to the MDR, she greets us by our name and gives me a hug. My father-in-law got jealous that he wants a hug as well (lol). Our waiters, Angel aka Ico and his assistant, Edgar are outstanding as well. His section is 5 tables for a total of at least 25 people - most of the passengers are Diamond Plus members (we got belittled because we were only Platinum). But, Ico and Edgar gave our table the best service - thanks my fellow filipinos! We were told that some Diamond or Plus members sometimes act like they own the ship and demands they be served first. Ico & Edgar treats everyone the same. We were seated next to a couple (2 in a table) from UK. We call her Queen Margaret and her husband is Brian. They were in the previous cruise from Vancouver to SD (repositioning), so their table and cabin were the same. We became friends with them since we were the friendly group. We laugh all the time as to how they would pronounce some words and how americans pronounce those words. Margaret sometimes would catch me pronouncing some words the british way - since that's how we pronounce it. Ico's wife works in the MDR too and we see her during breakfast. Our head waiter/supervisor is Singh and another good head waiter is Pedro. They are always smiling and very helpful. One morning after breakfast, I came back to the MDR to give something to Ico's wife and she was gone, but Pedro was there. Pedro want to the galley to look for her and called the MDR phone. There weree 5 of us talking next to the phone so we looked at each other. I later on answered the phone and it was Pedro calling for me. He liked the way I answered the phone (Reflections dining room, how can I direct your call?).

Port Reviews

Acapulco

I definitely will visit Acapulco again. I like the Cliff divers as well as having my picture at the balcony of Casa Blanca.

previous reviewnext review