3. Norwegian Jewel
The 1st cruise sailed from Sydney on Dec 1, 2018 to Dec 13, 2018. The 2nd cruise sailed from Sydney on Dec 13, 2018 to December 20, 2018. We chose these cruises because we liked the itineraries. We purchased a specialty dining package. We were infected by a norovirus along with other passengers. On the second day in the main dining room, I was given a drinking glass that was obviously used by a previous guess (fruit juice at the bottom/covered finger prints). I was disgusted. I brought it to the attention of the waiter. At that point it was obvious why there was a norovirus infecting passengers. We had prime rib in O'Sheehan's. That was well below anything we had been served on other cruise lines. On one occasion, in the main dining room, I ordered a veal dish but was served 2 link sausages. Whether they were veal, I could not tell. The cabin stewardess (stateroom no. 9594) did not introduce herself to us. From a card in a cabin, we found out her name but her direct line was 00 which did not link to her directly. We could not contact her when we were missing tissue paper, towels, coffee cups or coffee. We met the cabin stewardess outside the cabin and asked for 2 robes and a coffee maker. The bath robes arrived wrinkled. One was missing a belt, the other one had stains. The coffee maker came with an unfitted top which made it impossible to pour. We did not feel welcomed by the stewardess. This was our 7th cruise, but it is the first one that never offered filet mignon or lobster tail in the complimentary dining. Lobster was not offered even in specialty restaurants.

Back to Back New Zealand / Tasmania - Disappointment

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by KruiserKev

KruiserKev’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 9594
The ship was recently refurbished. Cabins were generally in good condition.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins