Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review

Fun is what you bring with you

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by adamsj87

• Sail Date: Feb 2019
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Let me start off by saying this is well worth $350 per person. I have been on this cruise a few times and I was able to see the improvements Carnival has made to this ship. In fact, I have been on brand new ships like the Breeze that were not as clean as this ship. Ancient? YES! Dirty? No.

We arrived at 10:30am and we were on the boat by 11:10am (we are Platinum guests). Our room was ready right at 1:30pm and our bags were in our room by 4:00. VERY ORGANIZED embarkation.

I saw our room stewardess once in 4 days but he did a good job, just wasn’t warm and fuzzy which is fine with us. Now to the dining room. I would give it a “C-“ at best. Most of the food was bland, not very warm and took forever. Sorry but you get what you pay for. I knew it wasn’t going to be elaborate, fine dining so I wasn’t all that surprised. Our served was just ok but rarely checked in on us. On the other hand, we loved the room service option, pizza, Guys Burgers and Blue Iguanas.

The boat stopped in Ensenada overnight because of the rough seas. We are gamblers so we were obviously sad to see the casino close but still had a blast. Both comedy shows were absolutely amazing, the Alchemy bar was some of the best drinks I’ve ever had and we enjoyed being losers at Bingo.

I loved the dealers and bartenders at the casino. They were extremely friendly and almost all of the employees were talking about how much they loved this ship in particular because of the people.

I highly recommend the drink package for a 3-4 day cruise. I would say I had 9-10 drinks a day on average (you can have 15) and that saved me soooo much money. If you are a beer drinker, it might not be the best package at $60 a day after tip. I also steer away from drink packages on 7 day cruises since you are off the boat for half of the trip.

Overall, if you go into this trip knowing it is cheaper than a weekend in Vegas, you will be happy. Don’t listen to the complainers.

adamsj87's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 4D U176

Average cabin, great location on 6th floor, comfortable beds.

adamsj87