Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review

2 Night Bahama Cruise aboard the Mariner of the Seas

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by jennabear356

• Sail Date: Feb 2019
  • Destination: the Bahamas

We chose to cruise on the Royal Caribbean, Mariner of the Sea's for a quick 2 night get-away from Miami, to CocoCay Bahamas. Unfortunately due to winds, we were unable to make the stop at the private island and instead had to spend another night at sea. We were very disappointed, that we would not get in any beach time for our vacation. While, I understand the safety of passengers needs to be the top priority; I was told that there is only a 50% chance of making it to this island because of wind/weather. With a 50% chance that you will NOT be making it, I wish Royal Caribbean, would have been more upfront about the major possibility that we would not make it to the island and would need to spend the entire weekend on the ship...I am not a drinker so staying on the ship was honestly not pleasant for me. I am thankful to have experienced it, but would never return...I felt like alcohol was EVERYWHERE all of the time and people were ridiculously drunk all over the place. My 16 year old daughter was with me and we were trying to keep 28 year old men from harassing her. They were so drunk that even after I told them she was underage, they gave me a hug for being a "cool mom"...it was just obnoxious behavior...which I know you can expect out of drunk people, but I assumed the cruise being family oriented ship would not be so bad.

The only experiences that we did enjoy were the spa, the hibachi grill, and the ice skating show. The included meals were not impressive and were very bland; I'd compare them to food at a Golden Corral. The restaurants that cost extra were definitely better.

jennabear356's Full Rating Summary

Perfect Day at CocoCay

Did not get to go because of winds

jennabear356