3. Emerald Princess
Would have been a really great Cruise if it wasn't for the weather. The rain in LA caused Princess to really fall down on the job as far as caring for it's customers during this storm. We were forced to line up outside in the rain to get through security before check-in while our luggage was left out in the rain for over an hour. Unpacking was a nightmare looking for places to hang up all the wet clothing. Once underway, things calmed down abit but we battled rough seas for the first two and a half days. The food was actually much better than we anticipated since the last time we were on a Princess ship (The Ruby) we were very disappointed in all the food including the specialty venues. The internet was vertually non-exsistant and minutes were used with no actual results. Laptop worked best when I took it to the internet café. The cabin was in need of refreshing but the layout is very well thought out. Room could use more electrical outlets. Fortunately, I brought my own extension cord so I could use my CPAP each night and not have to unplg it. Entertainment was very good including some very talented individuals. Enrichment seminars were very well received.Our room steward was excellent and overall the service was very good. We were very happy to be able to all the scheduled ports and enjoyed all our shore excursions especially in Kauai where we had never been before. This was our second trip to Hawaii, our first being on the Celebrity Summit in September. The weather was much better and we felt that the ship and the service was much better on Celebrity.

Great cruise except for the embarkation and bad weather.

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by Pennypop

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Entertainment was very good including some very talented individuals.

Pennypop’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin B1 C426
Cabin layout is good but lacking in electrical outlets. Cabin is also getting a bit "tired looking" and in need of an update.
Caribe Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins