3. Norwegian Epic
I took this cruise to relax and be taken care of for a few days. It's been a very stressful 3 years since I had been able to cruise due to family matters. I've been on several lines over the years (Carnival, Costa, HAL and Princess). I found a last-minute deal on Epic. I booked it at 1pm the day before it sailed, knowing nothing about NCL (except I always thought their ships were ugly when I saw them in port). So I made a leap of faith and at 5am the next morning super shuttle picked me up for my flight to Orlando. Uneventful flight, got a transfers to the ship from Contrans Shuttle (I recommend them). Arrived at Port Canaveral about 12:30pm. It was a total mob scene. If you are familiar with the terminal, the line wound around outside the terminal - back and forth THREE times from the luggage drop-off clear to the other end of the terminal building. Apparently it was a surprise EPIC was there. Once I got inside I noticed two of the 4 metal detectors were not in use and eight of the 38 check in stations were not staffed. Why? Just my opinion but when you have 4000+ people boarding it should be all-hands-on-deck. Time to board the ship: Over two hours. My cabin was ready, so I went there. It was filthy dirty. Smears on the headboard, cabinets, etc. Too much leftover DNA from the previous guest. I even had the executive housekeeper come to the cabin. When I asked for some cleaning products I was told no. All the food on-board was fine to good. The only thing that stands out in my memory is the perfectly ripe fruit. I dined in the MDR and buffet (no specialty). The only thing I took one bit of and set aside was the pizza. I'm a picky eater and "foodie" but I adjust my expectations accordingly. Service was good to very good (except for the host in the MDR, noted below). The rest of my review, will be a simple cut-and-paste from the survey with names redacted. I'm done with NCL, so that's all I want to do. If someone is placed in a disabled cabin, there needs to be printed instructions for the door. Nobody knew how it worked, initially. My cabin (12270)was dirty; fingerprints, smears on the headboard and cabinets, mystery goo on the door handles. I asked a manager named S***** for cleaning product so I could clean the cabin to my standards. He said "no". Then he told me I could not have a piece of paper to make reminder note for the door. The first night there were no coffee packets for the coffee maker. Housekeeping did not deliver any when I called. The next morning about 4am I called 00 to see where my coffee packets were. I was told my only options were to pay room service $7.95 or go get the coffee myself. Wrong answer. FYI - the right answer would have been "we'll send some right up, no charge". Then there's S***** in the Manhattan room who would not give me a pager when there was a wait. Telling customers "NO" seems to be a theme on NCL. Now for the good. Marco, cabin steward, did an excellent job. Wouter, guest services, was very helpful. Valeria, Locksley and all the staff in the Manhattan and Taste dining rooms did a great job. This was my first - and last cruise on NCL.

EPIC Failure

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by SeaTheW0rld

Telling customers "NO" seems to be a theme on NCL.

This was my first - and last cruise on NCL.
SeaTheW0rld’s Full Rating Summary