3. Emerald Princess
This was my 8th cruise and my second on The Emerald Princess. The tone of the cruise was set by the staff at the Pier. The weather was a factor but the staff attitude was uncalled for. I’m 67 and my husband 70 and we felt too young to be in this cruise. The ship is old decor and the cruisers fit the decor. The entertainment was terrible. The activities boring. If you have 5 sea data you need multiple activities for 2500+ passengers stuck in the middle of the ocean. Activities were knitting, glee club, lei making and the games were so overcrowded it was more of a chore than fun. The thermal spa package $249 was a total waste of money. The spa was coed and the visual was too much. Save your money. The food is average. The specialty restaurants was ok. Nothing to brag about. Casino offered a good escape but costly LOL!! Shore excursions were good except Mexico. Felt so hustled in Mexico. The ship staff overall was great. They don’t smile a lot but you got 2500+ cranky senior citizens aboard, I wouldn’t smile either. I understand you can’t choose your passengers but these were some of the rudest people I’ve ever encountered on a cruise. High recommend if you are 80+

Senior Citizen Cruise

Vanthony’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BF R337
Seriously needs a deep cleaning. Lots of dust Dirty carpet Steward was great.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins