3. Celebrity Edge
Like the other reviewers, my husband & I also believed all the hype & were completely underwhelmed. There is nothing unique ab/ the Edge that the other Solstice class ships don't have. Embarkation was as easy as it gets. With the Express Pass, it was a simple swipe and up the gang plank. Our cards were waiting for us in the cabin. The Edge is shiny & new which is nice but the ultra-modern decor left us cold. The narrow neon-lit hallways were claustrophic. Everything is touchscreen. We ate in the Tuscan dining room which had very low ceilings and was poorly lit. The food was good though & our waiter, although hard to understand, worked hard to please. As we spoked to other passengers, we heard murmurings of the same things: the ship fell short of the hype, too much technology, heavy furniture made chairs impossible to move against the deep pile carpet. The Magic Carpet was a complete joke! It never moved from the 14th deck for the entire cruise. People called it, "Celebrity's Folly." Another folly was the class of stores on board: Tiffany, Cartier, Bulgari. Celebrity totally missed the mark on their target market there, too. Not including the comedien or December 63, the contracted actors put on insultingly nonsensical plays (?). Nobody could make out what they were doing or why & when asked, the manager replied, "It's open to interpretation." (really???) It's the first time in 26 cruises I've seen an audience walk out en masse. The daily calendar was filled with events designed to separate passengers from their $$$ (i.e. whiten teeth,flatten stomach,improve foot arch). There was nothing cultural,educational or mentally stimulating offered. The good parts were that our cabin was well organized with nice amenities. We loved the Samsung flatscreen TV! Food on the top deck was a nice selection & varied. The Super Bowl party was very well executed. But all the good things on this ship are equal to the amenities on Solstice class. We were booked to cruise the Edge again in Nov., but after experiencing it, I cancelled our reservations as soon as we returned.

DID NOT LIVE UP TO HYPE

Annalise’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Edge price drops

Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Veranda
Cabin 1A 7120
The cabin was very nice with a very large porthole and a small enclosed balcony. For us, it was perfect. The matresses were as hard as slabs but I can sleep on a picket fence. The closet is very small for 2 people but there is plenty of drawer space. The storage in the bathroom was cleverly designed. There is more than sufficient storage space for a 7-day cruise unless you tend to overpack. The toiletries are housed in large bottles attached to a shelf in the shower. My advice is bring your own. We had a 60" Samsung TV which was beautiful & all movies could be watched on demand as well as regular TV. Everything was shiny & new which was nice. Our cabin steward was efficient & satisfactory. He complied with our few requests & was very congenial.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Costa Maya
    It is a long, long walk down the pier to a small shopping area but I saw the show the Mayans put on of their ceremonial dances and Maypole flying. It was fantastic! So glad I caught it. They do it late morning, dancing a ceremonial dance and then they climb this very high pole and swing around it while playing instruments. I loved it & will never forget it.
    View All 2,479 Costa Maya Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Costa Maya Cruise Port Review
  • Grand Cayman
    I love the beaches of Grand Cayman. They are among the cleanest & most pristeen in all the Carribean. Enjoyed a day at the beach, collected beautiful shells and just soaked it all in. After the beach, I did a little shopping at the perfume store and returned to the ship.
    View All 3,365 Grand Cayman Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman Cruise Port Review
  • Trolley Tour
    We caught the Old Town Trolley close by the pier and for 2 hours went ALL around the island. Our driver/tourguide was very informational and it was just a nice day to spend touring Key West. You can also hop on, hop off at any particular stop, & the next trolley will pick you up again. Key West is a beautiful island.
    View All 131 Trolley Tour Reviews