3. Celebrity Equinox
Great cruise, it was a part of a "family gift" on occasion of my parents-in-law's wedding anniversary. Everything went smooth, from the booking to the debarkation. Embarkation in Miami was trouble-free, luggage was delivered as expected. Onboard activities were satisfactory and excursions were mainly value-for-money. The itinerary was changed a bit, we visited Samana instead of Punta Cana in Dominican Republic, due to adverse weather. We were scheduled for a dune buggy excursion in Punta Cana, which we were looking forward to, but luckily we could book an ATV excursion in Samana at no additional cost - that excursion turned out to be the best of all the excursions I was on. MDR was fantastic, in general all the food places were great. My girlfriend and I both had the premium non-alcoholic drinks package, which meant that virtually anything non-alcoholic (including virgin cocktails) was available. I personally feel like I didn't use the package to its full value, but that's totally my own fault, I probably should have taken the soda package instead. We didn't really use/see any entertainment activities onboard, we were in the casino one night, because all guests got a free 5$ casino credit, and my mother-in-law managed to win 120$ on her first 2$ spin on the slots - so I guess you could call that a success! The ship itself was great, this was our first time cruising so I don't have anything to compare with, but the ship didn't feel ten years old. We already booked a new cruise on Equinox in January 2021, same stateroom as this cruise, so we are looking forward to see how much is changed with the "Revolution". All my best recommendations for this cruise!

First time cruising, but absolutely not the last!

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by mikkelhansen

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom

Everything went smooth, from the booking to the debarkation.

MDR was fantastic, in general all the food places were great.

All my best recommendations for this cruise!
mikkelhansen’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Inside Stateroom
Cabin 11 7186
Cabin is very good, I suffer from bad sleep when there is just the tiniest amount of light, so an inside stateroom was perfect for us.
No noises whatsoever.
The stateroom is, however, about the farthest you could get from the elevators/stairs of the staterooms on deck 7.
Sunrise Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Everglades Tour
    Post-cruise we had booked the Everglades Airboat tour with airport drop-off. The guide told very enthusiastically about all the exciting things we would be seeing in Everglades, while we were driving there. The weather was constant raining, but not very bad. This was ultimo January 2019, so on top of the rain, the tour was scheduled during the US government shutdown. About halfway to the Everglades, the guide got a unexpected call from his supervisor, telling him that the Everglades was unfortunately closed, due to bad weather. Instead, the bus drove to the Sawgrass Mills shopping center with 2 hours to spend, that was absolutely trash. After that, the bus drove to FLL and MIA for drop-offs.
    My father-in-law who booked this tour for the whole party to this date hasn't been refunded for this excursion, Celebrity would only offer him 60% refund, although all we actually got was an cruiseport airport transfer.
    Obviously, very disappointed in this excursion, as we had all looked very much forward to it.
    View All 113 Everglades Tour Reviews
  • Samana and Cayo Levantado
    Changed port of call from Punta Cana to Samana due to adverse weather. We booked the ATV trip. We booked single-occupancy ATVs at no additional cost over the original Punta Cana excursion, but for some strange reason double-occupancy ATVs were 10$ addtionally - per person!
    View All 12,984 Samana and Cayo Levantado Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Samana and Cayo Levantado Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    We originally booked the historical city tour, but a month prior to departure it was changed to Pirate Treasure Museum and Historical Island Drive, which was a big disappointment. A rushed tour through the best-known sites and then all guests were dropped off in the Pirates Treasure Museum, which itself was an okay experience, but the tour overall was just bad.
    Not recommended.