The standards of the MSC cruises have dropped to a terrible new low. My wife and I cruised on the Opera to Mauritius in 2014 and that cruise was delightful. However this cruise was horrible:
- Standard of the food has dropped both in buffet and restaurant.
- We asked for a first dinner sitting and got a second despite having a 2 year old who went to bed hungry on Friday night due to the pathetically slow service by waiters.
- The waiters are rude and look like they're doing you a favor rather than their jobs.
- The is no guidance from MSC regarding the procedures such as if you booked an excursion where to go etc perhaps they expect their guests to know all of this.
- The buffet dining area should be bigger as people tend to push and cut ques even seating space is not enough.
- I hope other cruise liners come to South Africa to give MSC some competition to get it back to it's former glory.
The cleane of the room was the best thing about the cruise. He was friendly and professional.
We boarded the ship in Durban.
The Island was beautiful.