3. Ruby Princess
Needed a quick getaway and this seemed like a great cruise. I love sea days, and with this itinerary you get two sea days and an overnight in Cabo San Lucas. My first cruise on the Pacific side and I enjoyed it. Check-in and boarding the ship was easy and quick. Friendly check-in agents too. My first time sailing on Ruby and it's a nice ship. Recently refurbished and it looks great. New carpets in the public areas of the ship, and my cabin (C203) had the new grey carpeting. However I noticed several cabins throughout the ship had the older blue or beige carpeting, so not every cabin has been updated as of February 2019. Great news! The Medallion Net internet works! I signed up for the $9.99 per day unlimited plan and it worked throughout the ship. I was able to iMessage and surf and upload photos on Twitter and Instagram with no problems. I tried FaceTime a few times and it worked about 50 percent of the time, usually disconnecting after a few minutes. I switched to WhatsApp and that seem to work more reliably. No problems sending and receiving emails, even with photos. Overall very happy with the performance. Even though my cabin was located towards the front of the ship, I didn't experience much rocking. Granted the seas were very calm throughout the cruise, but the Ruby felt very stable. Crew was great, as has been the case with all of my Princess cruises so far. The wait staff in the Botticelli dining room was excellent. Antonio and Franco were our waiters and they were great. Food quality and presentation was good. Not great, but good. Overall though it was fine and I was very satisfied. My first time to Cabo San Lucas and I enjoyed it. The port is nice and clean and I felt safe walking around. Very aggressive shop, restaurant and tour operators though which was off-putting, but to be expected I suppose. We took the morning boat excursion of The Arch and Lovers Beach. Got some nice photos and video with the morning sun and the beaches were deserted this early in the morning. It seemed a lot more mellow than the afternoon/evening excisions which seemed more rowdy and crowded. Glad we did the early morning excursion instead. Overall an enjoyable, quick yet relaxing cruise on a nice ship and great crew. Next time I'd like to do the longer Mexican Riviera cruise to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo again.

Nice ship, great crew. Medallion Net works!

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by beachbum1970

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Interior

beachbum1970’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IE C203
C203, Interior Cabin, way up front. My room was updated with the new grey carpet. I noticed several cabins had the older blue carpets and beige carpets, so not every cabin has been updated. Nice big TV with on-demand movies, TV shows, and ship information. One note about noise, this cabin is located above the Princess Theater, so I could hear the music from the shows at night, and during rehearsals. It was loud. However the last show ended around 9:30PM and I didn't hear anything after that.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins