3. Carnival Breeze
Embarkation was really easy. My key and bags were at my cabin at noon so I was a happy camper. The staff was amazing. Several staff that I had met on previous cruises. Cruise director Donkey was super funny and was always out partying with the guests. I had anytime dining which was fine but I rarely ate at the MDR. I was disappointed that as a platinum cruiser, I was not given priority reservations as advertised. I ended up having dinner at the sushi place one night, the italian place another night, red frog pub one night and the chefs table one night. The service and the food were all amazing at these places but I still was saddened that I could not get into the steak house. I loved my cabin... almost. I was in 2260 cove balcony. It is right under the shore excursion desk so it was really quiet. I was able to watch dolphins chase the ship almost every morning. Now I know on a seven day cruise, carnival tends to have the balconies cleaned and painted twice. Now while we were in amber cove, it was fine because I was gone on an excursion. I didnt have an excursion in San Juan but I didnt realize that they would be in my room/on the balcony making my room unusable from 9am-3pm. By the time I went back to my room there was a notice from guest services saying they would need to continue to work on my room the next day. I called guest services expressing my concerns and they told me they would postpone the cleaning. We got into grand turk at noon and I went back to my cabin at 2pm and sure enough, they were still in my room. They didnt leave until 6 and then my steward had to clean my room. So in all, I had 3 days that I could not use my balcony room. I will not be getting a balcony room again ever. Amber Cove - La Casa en La Playa. It was AMAZING. There was only about 22 in the group. Great food, great staff, peaceful beach. There were plenty of drink choices and they poured heavy. Gary was even bringing drinks to those swimming in the ocean. I highly recommend this excursion. St. Thomas - I accidentally slept all day on my balcony. I guess I over did it in Amber Cove. San Juan- I tried to take my group on a self guided walking tour but my group crapped out on me. We were back on the ship after an hour. Grand Turk - All Inclusive Private Beach Break - I booked this excursion at the last minute. It was recommended by the cruise director. It wasnt per say crowded but there was not enough staff for the amount of people. It took forever to get umbrellas. My mother who was with me has a hard time getting around. There was no one there able to assist her to get to the chairs or in/out of the bus. The "dj" music had a strange beeping that occurred during the entire time we were there. Your only choice to drink was a sugary rum punch or a light beer. The food was super limited. No fruit, no desserts, no seafood. Grand Turk is known for spiny lobster and fish. We left after an hour. I highly encourage everyone to avoid this place. We had an ashes memorial service on the ship. It was scheduled for the last sea day at 3pm. When we went to guest services, they were unable to find the service on the schedule. It was a very stressful moment trying to calm the family down and await for further instructions. In the end, it was figured out and it was a beautiful moment as we sent our friend out to sea. I hope the book that carnival made for the family came out well. The spa was nice and the upsell was annoying as always. Debarkation was absolutely painless. I will not be going on the Breeze again. I just felt like I was constantly standing in line. There was so much live music on the ship, it was impossible to find a quiet place to enjoy a drink.

Lots of good but lots of frustration

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by O&P Cruiser

The staff was amazing. Several staff that I had met on previous cruises.

I had anytime dining which was fine but I rarely ate at the MDR.

The spa was nice and the upsell was annoying as always.

Debarkation was absolutely painless.

O&P Cruiser’s Full Rating Summary