3. Norwegian Pearl
This size of ship is perfect for Alaska cruises. It doesn't have many pools or a water park but you don't really need it in a Alaska cruise either as the weather would be too cool for swimming anyway. One of my gripe was the boarding process at Seattle. Once you're checked in with the desk agent, you go to the waiting area. Everybody was so confused there because they have no idea when's their turn to board. There're no signs to direct people where to sit. How was the waiting area divided? By room type? By class? We don't know. The guy telling you to board was all the way at the corner and if you're at the other side of the room, you couldn't hear him even with the microphone and big speaker he was using. Everybody just kind of get in line without following any direction. Once on the ship, everything is nice. There're a lot of kids onboard. More than I expected. But not to the point that it's annoying. My 4 year old had a lot of company. I always like NCL's kids program. They have plenty of activities to keep my daughter occupied and they gave us an actual phone (instead of a pager) while my daugher is there. Thought the phone only works on the ship. It was our first Alaskan cruise and it was awesome. Nice shore excursion offering. Whale watching is a must do. We were lucky enough to see a groupe of 5 humpback whales together at Hoonah. I wish the ship could stop at more glaciers though. I also didn't really like the stop at Victoria, BC. It was a very short stop (4 hours?). By the time we got there, it was already late afternoon. We joined a bus tour and the sun wouldset by the time we reached the mid point of the tour. We couldn't really see anything when it's dark especially with the bus' tinted window. Service and cabin are overall nice. Our stateroom steward was attentive but he accenditally threw away my wife's slippers. NCL didn't really do anything about it beside offering me a "cabin search" which they will search our cabin for the slippers. The cabin is not big. Why would I want some of your guy to go through all of our belongings to look for my slippers? Other than that, they only offered us a verbal apology. Entertainment on the ship was nothing to brag about. The Priscilla show was nice but there was a mind reading show featureing a couple... the show was not good. We all knew it's fake but it was so bad that I could almost tell how they did it. We left the show when it's not even half way done. Other than the small problems, it was a nice cruise. I'd definitely go back for another one.

An overall good experience