3. Britannia
My 18 year old daughter and I wanted a holiday of a lifetime (we had a budget) and wanted to try a cruise. We wanted to go to countries we hadn't been and would likely go on a two week holiday too. The Baltic and all the stops was the cruise we chose. We loved all the countries we stopped at but for us both the highlight was St Petersburg. We had not preconceptions and no idea what to except. Someone had recommended we booked with Elena from Redsun Tours and not with the ships tours. I emailed Elena some months beforehand and was delighted with my choice. Elena kept in touch and a few month people were found. We all told Elena what we wished to do. Primarily we did not want a rushing around St Petersburg tour. We wanted to take our time. Elena put together an itinerary for our group and we were all happy. We used Cruise Critic to get to get to know each other, for those of us on Cruise Critic. There were 12 of us in a mini bus and we had a magical time. Elena had taken the time to email us all periodically before our cruise and had gotten to us know us all as best as she could before we met. She arranged an evening excursion if any of us wanted to which included the ballet, a folk evening or dinner at her own house experiencing typical Russian food with her own family. Four of us chose to do that and it was the main highlight of my personal holiday. I was so surprised at how much I enjoyed St Petersburg and all it had to offer and Red Sun Tours and Elena made it so special for us along with the people we met and spent the two days with. I would not hesitate to return and look around. I especially liked the Church On the Spilled Blood and the story it told. The outside is incredible but the inside is even better in my view. It was the 2018 world cup when we were there and it happened to be Russia playing a game on our first day of our tour. The atmosphere was electric and the Russian people were so friendly. I would love to do this same cruise and wouldn't hesitate to book with Redsun-Tours and Elena once more.

St Petersburg was the icing on the cake

Britannia Cruise Review by AdrienneTB

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Europe

AdrienneTB’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Britannia price drops

Cabin G124
Superb. It was a normal balcony cabin but we had a double depth balcony as it is over a fire exit. I would book this cabin again.