3. Norwegian Bliss
We were torn between the Getaway and this ship simply because of pricing and dates.We felt the Bliss was on the expensive side but needed to accommodate certain days that we had to be back for work. We also chose this cruise because we were interested in the go carts/laser tag/water slides and the experience of being on a new ship. We were hoping for a stellar experience with the price we paid and worked so hard to save for. Embarkation was very smooth and easy. We got to the ship around 12:15, and our rooms were ready by 1:30, and got our bags around 6-7pm. Our cabin- We were on deck 14. The entire cruise it was very difficult to get an elevator, so maybe we would have preferred a lower deck, but we were very close to the pool and buffet. We felt the cabin service was good overall. Our cabin steward was nice and always checked in to see if we were ok. All of our towels were always generously replenished. My only small complaint was that I wish he would take the dirty plates and cups out of our room and change the garbage more when he came in to make the bed (maybe there's some rule about that I was unaware of). We had a balcony room in which we received through the upgrade advantage request for $550 more than our oceanview. I felt this was a perfect size and the USB ports next to the bed were very convenient. There was a good amount of storage for sure, just not much room for your suitcases if you were utilizing the sofa as a bed. The showers were roomy and amazing. Perfect temperature and pressure. Very impressed with that. The water bottle package 12 1L bottles for 27.95 was well worth it. The TV doesn't have many channels, just news and movie channels that played the same thing over and over. Movies are $9.95, a bit steep for us. Also, a tip for NCL, put more food menu options on the TV, to save everyone a bit more time. Wifi- We had a 250 minute internet package. I was not happy with it. Half the time it would take 10 minutes to just log in so we were unsure if the minutes were being used (they were), which ate up most of the plan. Not worth the money, would not do it again. Pool deck- We tried SO hard to not nip pick things and take things as they were, as we read prior reviews. However, the one thing that was the most disappointing of all, was that you had to be up by 7AM to go get pool chairs. Everyone is very aggressive about getting a chair, and if you aren't out early enough, you probably aren't going to get a chair. Oh and the 30 minute rule? Definitely not enforced at all. To me, vacation isn't waking up at 7am to fight someone to get a chair. Needs to be a better system. Also, once you're there at 7am, they don't play any music until 11. They don't even play any movies on the big screen during the day, like they did on my RC cruise. They should play something to keep the vibe while people are stuck there guarding their chairs. Also, another very frustrating thing was that the DJ and the band played the same exact songs every. single. day. Always classic rock, the same song literally like clock work. I don't think the band knew any other songs honestly. I would have hope for some reggae or more pop or more upbeat. Bar Service- The drinks all over the cruise were AMAZING. We never felt they were watered down and everything was delicious, even the drinks that were on tap. The waiters at the pool were great and very attentive. We had the ultimate beverage package and it was WELL worth it!! Although you couldn't get a bottle of wine with it, there were virtually no limitations and you could go to any bar all over the cruise. The District has a wide variety of beers, and a great vibe, one of our favorites. The food- The food at the Garden buffet and dining rooms was edible. It wasn't great. The food at The Local was way better. I did not see lobster on this ship once. However, at the specialty restaurants, it was phenomenal! Teppanyaki is a must do. The best hibachi place we've ever been to hands down. We also loved Cagneys, great steak. Q was ok, my brisket was a bit dry and the portions were small. Food republic was fair, the sushi was sub par. A little upsetting that was the only place with sushi. Le Bistro blew every restaurant I've ever been to completely out of the water. AMAZING! Also, one of the best meals I had on the ship was the fish tacos from Margaritaville! Entertainment- The go carts and laser tag were awesome! Definitely worth the $. We loved the video arcade and the casino was a perfect size. Havana was not our cup of tea. Jersey boys was more than excellent! We didn't find the music to be good anywhere on the ship, however we kept missing the Beatles cover band. I had an issue with the spa, which I won't go into detail on, but I would not recommend any one spends their time or money on. All a scam to sell you on their products. Overall the entertainment on this ship was fair. Excursions- In St. Thomas we went zip lining. It was fine. Too many people in the group so it took FOREVER to get everyone off and on the lines. It was annoying when you are paying so much and only had so little time. Our tour guides (Emmett and BJ) were great. Very knowledgeable and fun. The shipwreck museum right when you get off the ship was very cool and fun, also. In Tortola- We did the escape to Jost Van Dyke. This was our favorite part of the whole cruise, a must do!! The boat to get there was fun and the employees were very nice and accommodating. Worth every cent. In Bahamas- We went to Atlantis Aquaventure. It was a great time, but not something I'd do again. We waited forever to get off the ship, and it was a bit disorganized getting to Atlantis. I would either book privately, or just spend the day shopping at the port and get back on the ship and go on slides and to the pool and have lunch for free. Overall, we had a good time. You got what you paid for, basically. There's a lot you have to pay more for. There were a few situations that we had to have a discussion with guest services about, and they rectified the situation properly, which we appreciated. So, if you have any issues I'd suggest discussing with guest services, it is a new ship and they will have hiccups. Again, we don't like to nip pick, but I write this review so others booking this ship are aware of these things, and have a more informed decision of what to spend their money on.

The good outweighed the bad

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by jbsatt

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

jbsatt’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BA 14708
Our cabin- We felt the cabin service was good overall. Our cabin steward was nice and always checked in to see if we were ok. All of our towels were always generously replenished. My only small complaint was that I wish he would take the dirty plates and cups out of our room and change the garbage more when he came in to make the bed (maybe there's some rule about that I was unaware of).

The balcony was a good size, and the room was quiet. A good location from the elevators, so not too noisy.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Nassau
    Disorganized getting to Atlantis. Overall, fun, but wouldn't go back.
    View All 5,781 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
  • Ziplining
    It was fun, but they booked so many people on this, it was annoying waiting for everyone to get on and off the lines. Of course, not a big deal and safety first, but when you are paying so much and have so little time, it's not worth it. Our tour guides (BJ and emmett) were amazing and made it so much fun.
    View All 48 Ziplining Reviews
  • Jost Van Dyke
    Very good service on the boat to and from the ship. They have beer for purchase on the way there and free rum punch on the way back. An amazing beach with great bars! Might be difficult to get chairs on the beach, so bring towels to sit on!
    View All 87 Jost Van Dyke Reviews