3. Pride of America
I chose this cruise as it was the easiest way to see the islands of Hawaii. I had read lots of negative reviews between Nov and early Jan after booking and was a bit anxious before hand but decided that I was not that bothered I would be off the ship more than on. That did not work out, the itinary was turned upside down and we lost 2 days in Maui due to the weather. Nothing anybody can do about that. I had read a prev negative review about the cruise director Jami, unfounded, I thought she was as good as any and she was there at every corner with a big smile and welcome, even when we were leaving the ship my daughter got a hug. Prev bad reports about the staff and entertainment I also found unfounded. The waiters, servers have a tough gig, working all day, every day for months on end with a smile on their face, but do it well. The dancers and singers on stage are new and the shows on the Hollywood and Mardi Gras were good to excellent,the very beautiful and talented Danielle one of the singer/dancers was especially nice to my daughter, who is 4. Food/service in the french bistro restaurant was my favourite, Japanese restaurant was also really good and the chefs put on a good show. Wine tasting is super value for money and the guy was really good. Barwoman in the piano bar was also super nice to my daughter, not to forget the photo crew. The ships real asset is the staff. Yes the ship is older, I have cruised Azamara, Royal Caribbean, MSC x 2 Celebrity x2 and Holland America and apart from Azamara all other ships we less than 6 month old. I hated Azamara due to that ship being old and was concerned about this ships age before embarkation. Room is a room, as long as we have a balcony we are happy. Our cleaner was Presentation(her actual name) who also works hard and never without a smile and a laugh. Yes, the ship is not a fancy as other boats, but guests and staff more than compensate. My first time without a drinks package, really not worth it with NCL. Freddie the waiter at Mardi Gras also worth a mention, happy chap. If Hawaii was not as far away from home I would do the cruise again next year. Thank you Pride of America staff and a bigger thanks from my daughter Aimee, she had a ball. Only complaint would be, there should be 2 days in Kona and a day less on the north Island. Do a excursion in Hilo or it’s a quick walk round and a day on the ship.

Good staff

Ages 3 to 6
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BB 8624
Cabin is ok, not as fancy as newer boats. No problems though, had all you needed not in the room that often. If you want a great room pay the extra money for a suite, or make do.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins