3. Vision of the Seas
Got to New Orleans port at 9:30, they didn’t start letting guests start checking in with cruise staff til 10. I believe we were on the ship by 11:30 (we are not diamond club, just first time on royal). If you want to carry your baggage off yourself at end of cruise in self-assist, we were getting off the ship at around 7:17 a.m., through customs and out of terminal just after 7:30. Back to car by around 7:46. Steve, cruise director, awesome! Participated in his Thriller dance classes. R bar in Centrum, level four, charged us for drinks even though we had the ultimate drink package. Had to go to guest services to get this charge taken off. Female young blonde Bartender in Schooner bar with overdrawn eyebrows told us that we can only have one shot in piña colada when I asked for a dark rum floater on the top, and she said no. Same bartender a few days before, I asked for a razzle dazzle, which is listed somewhere on the royal Caribbean drink menu, she asked me if it was a martini, and then she made me a Mojito? I’m not sure…other bartenders made our drinks as requested no problem. Tenders in Trujillo Honduras, two out of four broken down and damaged due to garbage in the engine, guests in wheelchairs had to wait an hour in the sun for a workable tender. Shameful. Many servers on board do not know names of cocktails or what is in them. There are different drinks offered in lounges and dining room doesnt serve these drinks, and is very confusing for customers. Asked waiter in main dining room for his recommendation of a dish for dinner and he said he hadn’t tried the one I asked about. All waiters should be made to sample all the dishes for dinner in dining room so they know what to tell guests. Watch Hotel Impossible, he makes his waiters sample all dishes they offer. Ladies bathroom on level four, centrum level, was out of order for two days, the whole restroom. Very inconvenient and many events are located on that level in that area. Restrooms in main guest areas with basin sinks had signs above them to make sure you wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap. Water in sinks was never warm. It was cold. Food cold in Windjammer located on buffet (where pancakes are served). Anytime dining is not really anytime dining. There are two lines, one for people with reservations, and one for people without. If you do not have reservations, they make you come back in a certain period of time when he will have a table for you. I told the head waiter that this defeats the purpose of anytime dining. So we just decided to make a reservation every night during the cruise so that we would always be able to get a table. On lobster and prime rib night, guests who had reservations line was very long, and it took about 20 minutes to get a table. Even though we had made a reservation..... An okay vacation, had balcony which made the experience pretty good. Centrum area with all the glass and open area is nice with a lot of entertainment going on.

Not bad

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by lpaulow

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Spacious Ocean View Balcony

Steve, cruise director, awesome! Participated in his Thriller dance classes.

Food cold in Windjammer located on buffet (where pancakes are served).

lpaulow’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas price drops

Spacious Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 3B 7148
A little outdated, had all the basics, nice storage and
enough mirrors.