3. Norwegian Sky
I was kind of worried after reading some of the past reviews so I was happy when I found out that the sky was returning from dry dock and that all the public areas had been refurbished to be like all the other ships. Unfortunately this caused a delay when trying to embark. We had a 10:00 check in time but we’re not able to board until 3:00. It was a mess. We ended up grabbing an Uber into Miami for lunch which was fun but an unforeseen expense. While stitting in the terminal with ALL of the other cruise guests waiting to embark we quickly realized this was a 55+ crowd and we are all around 30. When we finally got on the ship everything looked great and smelled brand new! We got drinks and headed to the deck. The drinks were good for being included but it did take a long time to get another. Lines at the bars were long and staff was very overwhelmed by all the drink orders. We got a balcony stateroom. It was small. The smallest I’ve ever been in on a cruise but it served its purpose. The shower was tiny with not a lot of water pressure. The bed was okay but had a large gap down the middle where the beds were pulled together. There was only one regular outlet in the room but we made it work. The bedding was comfortable and clean and there was enough room in the closet for us to unpack. The balcony was nice. I thought the food on the ship was really good for cruise food. We ate at the buffet and all the specialty restaurants. The only issue was the service was very very slow like at a snails place. Sometimes it would be an hour before we’d get appetizers or our meal. We really loved the new sushi place. Sake was included in the drink deal! They opened a brand new Starbucks the third day we were on the ship. People we excited but it was a disaster. None of the people working there knew any of the drinks. I opted for a regular ice coffee and it was fine. We didn’t find much to do on the ship. We’re used to the larger ships with constant entertainment so we spend a lot of time by the pool drinking. We took some dance classes, played bingo, gambled a little and saw the magician and the comedian a couple nights. Our ports were amazing Keywest is always a blast and Cuba was an amazing experience. Having the overnight there gave us a chance to experience some nightlife which was cool. We didn’t get to go to stirrup cay because it was to windy for the little boats to take us there. This was extremely disappointing as it took the beach out of our vacation and made us have two days at sea on a ship that barely has enough activities for one. I probably won’t ever go on the sky again but I think if you can get a really good deal and love to just lay by the pool and drink with hundreds of other older adults this is a good choice for you.

First cruise after dry dock refurbishment

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by dbaker92411