3. Carnival Vista
This being my 17th cruise with Carnival I was a little disappointed with the ship. Don't get me wrong the ship is beautiful but the changes from the older ones were not what I expected. There are fewer elevators so this causes waiting times and long lines. We found the solution to this problem was to get on any elevator whether going up or down. The main atrium, while very pretty, looked like it was built around the bar with what appeared to be less seating than the older ships. The main lounge (where the stage shows are performed) was a big disappointment. There was half the seating of the other ships and at one of the shows they even removed some of these to add a platform. The upper level had very little visibility as there are columns blocking most of the view of the stage. Back to the good stuff: The food, staff and service were excellent, as usual. The ports of call were what we have come to expect from our favorite cruise line. The stateroom (we had a balcony) was better than previous ships. The decor was bright and cheerful. We will be sailing with Carnival again... just on a older ship - Breeze, Magic, etc.

Not my favorite Carnival Ship

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by Jeannie91

Jeannie91’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8G 7306
Very Enjoyable - the beds are great
Cabin Stewart (Made) was above board- always around when we needed to ask a question and very willing to help.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Beach
    This beach break included Tequila Tasting, shopping . The reason it did not get full marks is I found the shopping a little long
  • Semi Submarine Tour
    While we enjoyed the actual excursion we felt that the price was not reflective of what we received. We boarded a bus for a two block ride to the submarine. Opted to walk back to the ship as it was so close. One of our party overheard a couple requesting the price of the tour that we had just returned from and it was less than half of what we paid. I do not believe that a two block ride should have cost over $30 US per person.
    View All 60 Semi Submarine Tour Reviews