3. Norwegian Dawn
This is our fourth cruise with Norwegian. I enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of the cruise line. I like the smaller ships like the Dawn because you do not have to make reservations for the shows and the main dining. I have had really good experiences so far on all four of our cruises with Norwegian. The staff is so friendly and accommodating. This trip had a great itinerary. Nine beautiful Southern Caribbean Islands and only one sea day. I was worried at first that it would be too many islands at one time but it didn't feel rushed. We did excursions for almost every island except for two, but it still felt very relaxing. Enjoyed the cruise so much we have booked a cruise for next year with Norwegian. A seven day Mediterranean out of Greece. We will be on the Dawn again. Now I have something to look forward to for 2020.

Great itinerary

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by GetteChick

GetteChick’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IE 5585
The room was surprisingly spacious. Loved all the storage. My room stewardess Ru Lee was fantastic. Kept everything well stocked and clean. Very attentive and friendly.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Antigua
    We booked a tour outside of the ship with Adventure Antigua. It was an island tour by speed boat. The boat took my husband and I around the whole island. We stopped to swim with the stingrays, snorkled the pillars of Hercules and enjoyed two beautiful beaches. We had a great time. Antigua is a beautiful island, definitely worth h a visit. The tour was fun and I would recommend Adventure Antigua if you are looking for a fast paced island experience.
    View All 1,546 Antigua Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Antigua Cruise Port Review
  • Aruba
    Bought a day bus pass and went to Eagle Beach. The beach was beautiful. Water was very clear. Walked around some, found a Cafe' inside the supermarket and had lunch. Food was delicious and very reasonable. Turned out to be a relaxing day. Just what I was looking for that day.
    View All 1,635 Aruba Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Aruba Cruise Port Review
  • Barbados
    This was my second visit to Barbados. It is an interesting and beautiful island. We booked an excursion with Bolador tours.
    It is a catamaran tour. We sailed to the shipwreck and snorkelled. They took us to a beautiful beach to explore. Then they sailed to an area to snorkel with the sea turtles. They fed us a delicious lunch with plenty of beer and rum punch! Had a wonderful time. Last year we did an island land tour with Ted's tours. He showed us how beautiful the whole island was. We had lunch at the plantation. The food was great. Would recommend both tours if you get to go to Barbados.
    View All 1,520 Barbados Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Barbados Cruise Port Review
  • Bonaire
    We walked around the town outside of the port. The food in the market was excellent. I tried Indonesian food for the first time. We rented a semi submersible boat that took us to the reefs around Klein Island. They were amazing. So many fish! I bet snorkeling or diving there would be incredible. It was a fascinating island.
    View All 593 Bonaire Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Bonaire Cruise Port Review
  • Curacao
    I loved how colorful and clean this island was! I did a bus tour with Irie tours. They took us around the island. We ended the day at the beach. It was a very nice beach. Like the island the beach was very clean and they only charged $3.50 for a beach chair! ( I love a bargain,LOL)
    View All 1,242 Curacao Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Curacao Cruise Port Review
  • Grenada
    The island is very mountainous and colorful. Honestly the roads there scare me to death! Other than the roads, the island is very nice. Incredible views and the whole island smells like the spices that grow abundantly all over the island.
    View All 633 Grenada Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grenada Cruise Port Review
  • San Juan
    We came in to Puerto Rico a few days before the cruise. Had a wonderful time exploring San Juan. Went to the fort. Ate at Cafe' Mandelino. The Monfongo was really good. Walked the path of the sea wall around old San Juan. Explored the church and the shops downtown. finished up with a meal at San Juan smokehouse and watched the street party with the salsa bands/dancers.
    View All 3,767 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • St. Lucia
    We booked a tour with Cosol tours outside of the ship. It was our second time touring with Cosol. They take you to the sulphur springs, Sugar beach, the water falls. They ply you with Beer and rum punch. They also take you a place to sample many St. Lucian foods. You get to see most of the beautiful island and experience to Crystal clear waters. I have enjoyed the tour both times. Would definitely recommend Cosol tours and visiting St Lucia.
    View All 1,387 St. Lucia Cruise Port Reviews