Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by granitepeaker

• Sail Date: Feb 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

After being on a dismal Carnival cruise we wanted to redeem our cruising experience and go all out. The Oasis of the Seas did not disappoint. We booked through cruisedirect to get some additional OBC and dinner voucher. The embarkation process was a little slow, but the disembarkation was very slow, not sure if either was RCCL fault. The cruise was Western Caribbean and we really enjoyed all the ports. Our least favorite was Cozumel and that might just be because of the age of our kids. We had my family time dining, which started at 5:30 pm. They say the kids are supposed to be all fed and ready for a kid's club pick-up, but they rarely got all their food before 7 pm. I much preferred the Windjammer over the Main Dining for all meals. The WJ was always busy, but never took long to find a place to seat and had much more variety and you didn't have to wait around forever. The 2 Dreamworks parades were a lot of fun. We skipped Cats, but saw all the other main shows with our kids and thought they were all really well done. I tried out the Flowrider and lost a contact out of my eye. Be sure to back backups, something I didn't do. I was able to buy some more contacts in Cozumel at Optica Caribe. We did pretty much every single activity they had, including mini golf, rock climbing, massage, and ice skating. We did not do their zipline, it seemed very short and uninteresting. All the staff and fellow passengers were all super nice and I'd highly recommend the experience. No fault to RCCL, but our whole family ended up getting the flu on the second half of the cruise. When considering a cruise vacation there must be a higher chance of getting sick due to the sheer number of people around you.

granitepeaker's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 7D 6674

Our cabin couldn't have been in a better location. Would definitely try for room 6674 on a future cruise. The couch is located next to the balcony. Our attendant would not lower the pullman bunkbed because our eldest daughter is 5. It worked fine to have our 3 and 5-year-old on the make out bed. The room is adequate in size and the balcony was nice in size. Our balcony always seemed to be dirty. The balcony chairs were also corroded. The shower was always plenty of hot and powerful. Not sure if all cruise ship bathrooms have a bit of sewer smell, but this one was no exception.

granitepeaker