3. Norwegian Breakaway
We have taken a few cruises on Norwegian and wanted to try the Breakaway since we had sailed the Epic last year. Sorry to say the Breakaway was just as bad on layout and design of the public areas as the Epic was. Elevator locations are one of the biggest drawbacks. Why did Norwegian decide to stop putting elevators near mid-ship. Balcony rooms have been shrunk along with storage in the room. I will say they had excellent entertainment in the main theater but other locations were so -so. The buffet food, O' Sheehan's, Taste, and Savor were all very good. If you didn't make reservations for the main dining room well in advance you could not get early seating. Some of the free shows were booked full, weeks before the sailing date so if you didn't book early you were out of luck. If they transmitted information about the tender ticketing plan, we never heard or seen it. Luckily, I found it while checking my planner on the TV. Then when you tried to set a time for the second tender port, they still had the first tender port info as the only option. So I selected Group B with a 12AM departure even though I knew we would not be tendering at midnight. Amazingly there must have been enouogh complaints that they straightened out the options before we arrived at the second tendering port.

Big Ship BIG CROWD little public areas

Cruisecriticnewby’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BX 13114
For a balcony room this room was smallest I have ever been in. Very little room for suitcase or clothes. Most of the cabinet space was to small to be of use. Bathroom was nice size and well designed.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins