MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review by konr
- Sail Date: November 2018
- Destination: Mediterranean
- Cabin Type: Bella Inside Stateroom
- Bars. The champagne bar was above the atrium band, so we could enjoy a nice bottle of sparkling wine in a quiet environment, while listening to the music. The pub had a great selection of beers. The piano bar had some nice drinks and an amazing view of the pool area and of the cities.
- Spa area. Several types of saunas with modern design. This is enough reason to go to this ship, in my opinion. A notch above spas in any other cruise line, with finnish a sauna, and low-temperature sauna. A mini-con is that the spa pools were smaller than usual.
- Some kinds of food were great. Fresh mozzarella every day, excellent bread and the best pizza at sea (which is still not great pizza, but better than american crap).
- Cirque du Soleil shows were amazing!
- Buffet area was well structured, and we were always able to get a table.
- Dinner tables on the main dining room were too close to each other. As an introvert trying to relax, I was always contemplating how horrible it would be the day somebody sat near my table and started trying to engage in conversation.
- Things close too early on, and there is nothing to do at midnight. On Harmony of the Seas, for example, you could get a hot tub at 2AM.
- Food quality is average. Although there were some nice dishes, most of the food was average. Not horrible, but average or disappointing. For example, one night I ordered a prime rib, but then got a slice of prime rib that was probably cooked immersed in liquid, not on a grill.
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
BarcelonaTapas and Gaudi.View All 2,209 Barcelona Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Barcelona Cruise Port Review
GenoaBeautiful city!View All 392 Genoa Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Genoa Cruise Port Review
Malta (Valletta)Fair port. Mdina and the glass factory were cool!View All 598 Malta (Valletta) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Malta (Valletta) Cruise Port Review
MarseilleDidn't enjoy Marseille. The free bus took to much time, the city had too many suspicious elements, and nothing really special.View All 800 Marseille Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Marseille Cruise Port Review
Palermo (Sicily)Excellent city full of architectural gems. Make sure to visit the Norman castle.View All 267 Palermo (Sicily) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Palermo (Sicily) Cruise Port Review
Rome (Civitavecchia)Rome is Rome. There are endless things to see, and would be unfair to review it.View All 2,146 Rome (Civitavecchia) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Rome (Civitavecchia) Cruise Port Review