• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Ms Lola Bear
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2019
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

This was our first cruise and we went on the ten day itinerary.

Boarding was great, as was the inside cabin, as were the staff. The food started off being of a far higher quality than expected. Then the wheels fell off...

I really can tell the difference between the listed chicken soup and the vegetable stock that was provided, the listed pheasant and the chicken that was served, the "asparagus soup" which only contained bits of potato etc. We could sort of live with this, but the kitchens then ramped up their incompetence. A baked potato had soot on the outside, but the inside was grey and uncooked. Fish and chips were several balls of uncooked, reconstituted fish. At best they had been flash fried in batter and then left. Two other nearby tables returned their's or simply walked out. We were offered a bowl of pasta as a replacement so I assume that all the fish was uncooked and cold. The "Baked Alaska" was Neapolitan Ice Cream with raw egg white on top. As an Italian ship, I think that it is reasonable to expect fresh ingredients with pasta (such as cream and herbs) rather than some sauces that tasted just like the ones that I get out of a jar.

Interior Stateroom

Cabin I2

Very good. Obviously smaller than a hotel but we didn't really notice.

Find an MSC Divina Cruise from $139