Royal Clipper Cruise Review by seaproponent
- Sail Date: January 2019
- Destination: Caribbean
- The cabin, with a small balcony was very pleasant, and had excellent service.
- Sleeping on a sailing vessel was marvelous - just enough pitch to be soothing.
- Desserts were truly exceptional.
- The ship’s officers were pleasant, and accessible.
- Spa services were excellent.
- Breakfast and lunch were buffets, and underwhelming. Dinners varied greatly in quality. Overall, we had expected better cuisine.
- Ports chosen by the ship were oft secondary ones, & distant from attractions, despite “name” ports being near. The rationale for this apparently was visiting beaches rather than population centers. Be sure this is your goal.
- Very little to do onboard. Glad we had a balcony to use up the hours.
- Gym was disappointing, with some equipment not being usable given low ceilings.
- Enrichment lectures and entertainment were minimal.
In short, boredom became a factor for us — the first time I have experienced this to any significant degree in 20 plus years of cruising. Many folks seemed to really enjoy this style of cruising, but it was not for us.
- Read more Star Clippers Royal Clipper Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Star Clippers Royal Clipper Review
250,000+ people have entered their email