3. Celebrity Edge
I love Celebrity but hate to fly. My brother is into all things tech.When we heard about the coming of the Edge in 2017 we talked and I decided I would fly to sail on the newest ship ever. We have been reading all the news stories, watching all the video and reviews since we booked in Feb 2018. We booked the infinite balcony 6117. The cabin had the beds near the bathroom. This made the room seem bigger than usual. The shower was great, Room to turn around in, adjustable shower head, bar for putting your leg up, extra tray for your toiletries. They had conditioner, shampoo and body wash is pump bottles firmly attached to the wall. Hooks for hanging up swimsuits. Large door that swung out. Big fluffy towels that had loops if you wanted to hang them up. Lots of storage space, hairdryer and plug in the bathroom. the cabin had a lot of space, very comfortable chairs on the veranda, a few too many pillows but they were easily moved. Fridge, ample plug for USB & other electrical needs. A plug next to the bed for CPAP or oxygen machine. There was a curtain that came down at the window that completely darken the room. We left the bi-fold doors open all the time and slept with the window down. It was only locked twice during the end of the cruise and that was due to rain. We dined in all 4 dining rooms. Each had a regional theme-Italian in Tuscan, Greek in Cyprus, French in Normandy and Cosmopolitan was sort of American. 25% of the menu represented the region. I found the food delicious. There was lobster on the 2nd 'evening chic' night. We dined that night in the Normandy but this menu was available in all 4. We had sushi at Raw on 5. it was fresh and tasty. Saw le Petite Chef. the pasta, and steak were good, the dessert a bit sweet for my taste. The animation was great. We did not see much of the entertainment-there are so many placed just to sit and relax aboard the ship. The service was excellent-from out room steward, to guest services to the bar staff at the pool and coffee bars-each was prompt, accurate and friendly. We took 1 shore excursion. We have been to these ports before. We actually went to the shore excursion desk (it actually was a counter with computer tablets), at 1000, swiped my card, picked a beach break in the Cayman Island, the tickets came out of a slot at the end of the desk and we were waiting for the tender at 1115 in the theater. The automation was quick and easy. We got color coded bracelets for out trip. the shuttles from the port to the beach were air conditioned and clean, Calico Jacks was a beautify beach, we had an umbrella and 2 beach chairs. Sure we might have done this on our own but Celebrity took care of it all and made sure we got back to the ship on time. There was trivia twice a day. All the baked goods were yummy! They were baking fresh each morning in the upstairs buffet. While Celebrity is fantastic for cruising. I would not recommend their shuttles to and from the ship or their hotel arrangements. We had Celebrity book a hotel for us before and after the cruise.We flew into Ft. Lauderdale, our ship was in Ft. Lauderdale and the hotel was in Miami. The cruise ship shuttle from the ship to the hotel made 7 other stops, 2 at Miami Airport, took 3.5 hours and the bathroom was locked. Next time I will make shore side arrangements independently.

Wonderful

flamingo21401’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Edge price drops

Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda
Cabin E3 6117
Everything was brand new. The cabin and bathroom was spacious. The TV was high def and large. The beds were king when together but we had them separated. Plenty of storage space and places to plug in all your tech stuff. The robes were micro fiber and larger than any other I have had ever had. On the last day I discovered that the veranda table flips over to become a tray. The bi-fold doors are not magnetic, but the walls and ceiling are. This was a very comfortable cabin.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins